NEurope
dazzybee

I've Made A Feature Film - HELP!!

Hi guys, don't know if this is allowed (@Ashley?) but thought this was the best place. So I've just completed my first feature film, taken a long time and so pleased (and received) it's finally done.

Anyways, I guess ultimately there's a few things I want some really objective opinions on, none of you guys know the film, don't know me, there's no reason for any of you to 'be nice', I just want honesty. Brutal honesty.

So, the first thing I want to know is, this is possibly the poster/cover; what do you think? General thoughts. But what tone do you think the film has from it? Would it entice you to see it or actively put you off? (or neither).

I'll put the trailer up soon too, any feedback an help would be amazing!!!!

27668896881_fa6022e66d_k.jpg

Also, we have a screening next week in Lincoln, if anyone lives in or very close by and fancy coming to see it then PM me. We're doing a screening in London too, closer to the time if we have seats available I'll post again.

Yeah you're welcome to post it. I think you're clearly not a shoe-selling bot ;)

In regards to the poster, the only thing I'd really say is I've no idea what the film is about other than something to do with cars (and bad driving?) Not even sure if its a documentary or fiction.

Something about the way you've censored the word prick makes me think of Wii...

Comedy thriller vibe, I basically get a Lock Stock/Snatch feel from the poster.

I'd definitely be interested in the London screening. If it helps I'd do a review for minor YouTube channel Movie Review UK.

Well done. Think the poster looks good and it's great that you've made a swell achievement.

Love steel tongs for movie posters. My only gripe and it's purely a personal thing is having the bottom titles all starting and finishing at the same margin where at the moment it kinda gets closer to the centre each line if that makes any sense.

I'd love to know more about the film and the technical details behind (i'm also a filmmaker). What was it shot on? what did you edit with?

Yeah you're welcome to post it. I think you're clearly not a shoe-selling bot ;)

In regards to the poster, the only thing I'd really say is I've no idea what the film is about other than something to do with cars (and bad driving?) Not even sure if its a documentary or fiction.

Hmmm, it's not really about cars and bad driving... Worrying that's what you got form this!

Comedy thriller vibe, I basically get a Lock Stock/Snatch feel from the poster.

I'd definitely be interested in the London screening. If it helps I'd do a review for minor YouTube channel Movie Review UK.

Well done. Think the poster looks good and it's great that you've made a swell achievement.

Yeah, it's not quite like those films, but black comedy thriller is definitely the tone I wanted to try and get across (originally the poster was a brooding dark poster and it didn't express that enough to at all).

I'll post back on when I get back from China about London screening. 17th July it is!

Love steel tongs for movie posters. My only gripe and it's purely a personal thing is having the bottom titles all starting and finishing at the same margin where at the moment it kinda gets closer to the centre each line if that makes any sense.

I'd love to know more about the film and the technical details behind (i'm also a filmmaker). What was it shot on? what did you edit with?

Funny you should say that as it was a last minute decision to add them, I think they make them look more like film posters but others were complaining. As for the justifying, yeah, we look at full justification but it stretched the lettering outa bit too much it was a little distracting.

We shot on a variety of Red cameras - epic, one, Scarlett, depending on what was available from the hire house for cheap when we were filming :) Editing on Premiere Pro

Not going to watch it unless you can promise me it will top this:

Anyway, black comedy thriller is my thing so would love to see your film somehow, somewhere.

Good luck, Dazzy.

(I kinda hope you DO write the whole thing on the iPad. I do want to see that!)

Hey guys, we have a small screening room at Genesis Cinema in London this Sunday (17th) at 6pm. We have about 20 tickets I think still left, which may or may not get taken up, but if anyone is interested in coming to the screening, then send me a PM and I'll sort an invite out!!

Hey guys, we have a small screening room at Genesis Cinema in London this Sunday (17th) at 6pm. We have about 20 tickets I think still left, which may or may not get taken up, but if anyone is interested in coming to the screening, then send me a PM and I'll sort an invite out!!

But surely a pr*ck would use his mirrors, therefore the message wouldn't be seen!

But the poster would make me choose it on Netflix/Amazon/Sky!