NEurope
Beast

Weight Loss and Fitness 2016

I'm slacking big time, just can't be arsed. I've not been to the gym at all this week and I don't plan on going... I'm feeling so lazy!

GET YOUR ARSE TO THAT BASTARD GYM! xP

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

I will... but it'll be next week when I do now, I'm going to enjoy the week off... by doing bugger all!

I've had an absolute disaster. I've been going to the gym 3x a week, the days that I'm in the Edinburgh office. I was told today we're moving office and the new one doesn't have a gym on site. There's a David Lloyd nearby that I have access to but getting there in the morning will be right through a lot of traffic. As such, I've got no idea what to do. Will have to experiment. Maybe even go to the normal gym at the main office then get the inter-office bus.

Anyway, I'm down to 13.7% bodyfat, that's 2% down in 3 weeks. Definitely on the right track.

Edit - 4 weeks, forgot that I skipped a week of measuring.

Edited by Charlie

Lost another tiny bit of weight, worked out to half a pound. Still going in a positive direction! :)

Andy Murray is on the cover of Men's Health and he's been saying that his bodyfat percentage is around 9-10%. This seems quite high to me but no doubt the next 2% I lose will be twice as hard as the first 2%...

Just maintained this weigh in.

I bet your body fat percentage went down still though. You're doing good work, you can tell from the pics.

Andy Murray is on the cover of Men's Health and he's been saying that his bodyfat percentage is around 9-10%. This seems quite high to me but no doubt the next 2% I lose will be twice as hard as the first 2%...

5 % is about the lower limit for a healthy body for men so I think that 9-10 % is quite good. You need to really, really watch whatever you do in order to go lower than 8, I think, so it would require an enormous effort for something that will not give you any benefit or might actually harm you.

If you read on Wikipedia, it says that most athletes actually lie around 6-13 %.

Had to quit early in a workout today. It was a 36 minute Every Minute on the Minute of

1st minute 15 cal rows

2nd minute 15 kettlebell swings

3rd minute 50 double unders

4th minute 8 burped box jumps

Didn't think it would be that hard, after all I had about 25 seconds break every minute but after 20 minutes I didn't catch my breath anymore and I had to skip a round of rowing. Then five minutes later I started getting the chills during my breaks despite it being 25 degrees Celsius outside so I decided to quit as that definitely couldn't be a good thing. I think I had just gone too hard on myself, having been absent from this kind of exercise for s month or so due to wedding, honeymoon and generally bad training offers in the period.

Went to decathalon in belfast today, was a bit disappointed in their weights section! They had no olympic plates at all... Hmph!

I've not exercised in over a week. I've been suffering from a shitty chest infection and have been coughing so much lately. Had to see the doctor who has put me on anti-biotics. I can feel my gains all slipping awaaaay.

Feelsverybadman.

I've not exercised in over a week. I've been suffering from a shitty chest infection and have been coughing so much lately. Had to see the doctor who has put me on anti-biotics. I can feel my gains all slipping awaaaay.

Feelsverybadman.

Doesn't help either that we have been very naughty with food this week. :P

Time to get back on the right track now!

By the way, well done for everyone else losing weight and making gains, good job! Keep it up guys! :D

Doesn't help either that we have been very naughty with food this week. :P

Time to get back on the right track now!

Don't worry, Ali and I had Dominos last night as we got home late and couldn't be bothered cooking.

Today I cancelled my membership, haha.

I just can't be bothered and I was going to cancel this month anyhow as I'm moving in with the Mrs and won't be going to this gym anymore anyway.

I'll just exercise at home when I'm living with her.

Yesterday I benched...

100kg for 5

105kg for 3

110kg for 2

112.5kg for 1

115 kg for 1

...And then 60kg for 18 reps. Ha.

Pretty pleased with that considering I've been on a cut for the past three months.

No idea what body fat % I am. I'm going to guess 12%.

Did 341 Kettlebell swings yesterday afternoon. EMOTM to death, first minute 5 swings, second 6 swings etc. I completed 26 swings but by then I couldn't do more and stopped. Did it with 20 kg for the first 24 round but then my trainer switched it for a 24 kg so I would stop sooner...

I can feel them today! My forearms are sore, my palms are shredded and my shoulders are going to hurt so bad!

I'M SO OUTRAGED!!!

One of the most well-known members of the weight loss community on IG has lost over 200lb in a year and posted a before/after photo to only be bullied on it so severely that he deactivated his account. His wife said he's been upset for days but everyone on IG (myself included) has made posts and got #IStandWithJoey trending.

I've spoke to the dude a couple of times through comments and he's honestly wicked and so nice. I know it happens all the time but we live in 2016, people need to get a life now. If shit like this happens then the bullies should automatically have their accounts on every social media taken from them.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BGX6_Gbl1S9/

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Made some good progress at the gym recently, although I seem to have hit a bit of a wall with my legs. Due to my work schedule I'm only having one leg day a week (at best two) compared to the three that I was doing on StrongLift. As a result I don't seem to have improved my squat performance at all. I think I might just do some standing squats and lunges during the week before work so I'm at least doing something...

On another note, I'm still on a ketogenic diet and it's working super well. Haven't had any carbs for about six weeks (apart from when I met @Ashley for a pint..DAMN YOU). I'm loving the food that I get to eat but I'm bloody desperate for some fish and chips. There's a place I walk past on my way home and it smells amazing every time. Eugh.

No carbs?! That's impressive. I could never do that.

No carbs?! That's impressive. I could never do that.

I'm having about <20g of net carbs per day. The majority of my calories (about 2700 a day) come from fat and about 25-35% come from protein.

Breakfast is super easy as I tend to have an avocado with 3-4 eggs and a few rashes of bacon. Heaven. Gets trickier throughout the day though...

Actually...that's not far off what I have when I don't have porridge. Today I had scrambled egg and cumberland sausage for breakfast. Celery, cucumber and carrot stick pot with guacamole and a couple boiled eggs. I have about 15g of almonds to snack on...and then I have a massive blowout for dinner where I basically carb stomp myself.

Actually...that's not far off what I have when I don't have porridge. Today I had scrambled egg and cumberland sausage for breakfast. Celery, cucumber and carrot stick pot with guacamole and a couple boiled eggs. I have about 15g of almonds to snack on...and then I have a massive blowout for dinner where I basically carb stomp myself.

I really need to start snacking on eggs...coconut and cashews tend to be my breakfast when I'm at work(around 750 calories worth) but eggs would probably be much cheaper...

This weekend I'm going to look at making some keto friendly desserts. I shall have to report back on how well it goes.

I cardio-d for the first time in about 2 weeks. I'm not coughing my insides out and I feel good. Hurrah. Back to the griiiiiind.