NEurope
Beast

Weight Loss and Fitness 2016

Haven't had any carbs for about six weeks (apart from when I met @Ashley for a pint..DAMN YOU).

What was that, a pint of bread?

What was that, a pint of bread?

A beer is the same as 2-3 slices of bread so you might not be far off!

5lb loss and my body fat has dropped by 1.4%! I'm now 16st 3lb which means if I lose 4lb, I'll have actually achieved my goal of hitting the 15st range in June. I have one weigh-in left to do it and I'm more than determined!!!!!!!

Also, I'll do a @Blade-type post when it's 30st June because it'll be exactly six months :)

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Haven't had any carbs for about six weeks (apart from when I met @Ashley for a pint..DAMN YOU).

giphy.gif

I need to go back to the gym soon.

Didn't go during May because of the part-time work I was doing got me out of the house at 7 and back between 6 (rarely) and 8 and so far this month I've been mostly out of the country!

Did 341 Kettlebell swings yesterday afternoon. EMOTM to death, first minute 5 swings, second 6 swings etc. I completed 26 swings but by then I couldn't do more and stopped. Did it with 20 kg for the first 24 round but then my trainer switched it for a 24 kg so I would stop sooner...

I can feel them today! My forearms are sore, my palms are shredded and my shoulders are going to hurt so bad!

Did this once with a 24 kg kettlebell, but I didn't do it to strict time. sets of 10, got to 380. Absolute killer!

I did GVT for the first time yesterday. OH. MY. GAWD!

I've just made myself a cake that's low in calories, made of oats, honey and fruit and tastes AMAZING!

I've been wanting to have a birthday cake that isn't going to destroy my calorie count and something healthy. My friend told me of a recipe where you just use fruit, oats, milk and honey and this is the outcome.

Guys, I swear, it tastes AMAZING! I'm also proud because it's the first thing I've made in the kitchen that isn't a disaster! haha

f9c929ab8d6fe98047a73e3f1f1f9076.jpg

This is also going to be made for my birthday next week. I'm so happy that this turned out so awesome!

Recipe is on my Instagram page: https://www.instagram.com/p/BGz2fU3F1fm/

87f7a014b66025e02bf61a3a0b8591b9.jpg

Me looking like a sweaty Betty after running a mile (in 8min 46sec!!!), an hour of Metafit and an hour of P90X

I also woke up to some really nice messages from people, which was awesome!

769cb3079f1fce36784f1b05a68d36cd.jpg

The feels, guys, the feels!

@Animal

You're incredible. I am constantly inspired by your progress. Well done!

Thank you! I'm inspired by yours but I've not seen you post in a few days. You're looking hench, son!

Oh my God, guys! More news! So there's a woman on Instagram who is like a very well-known weight-loss Instagrammer and she's also a YouTuber and every Tuesday, she gets people to nominate those who inspire and motivate them. Anyway, my friend at the gym nominated me and I was chosen!

ee42c0b48c3fc0aacc8deeb1ade82cbf.jpg

...and what's more, she followed me! Today is a good day! :)

i have not faired too well lately with diet, think i've come to the inevitable blow out. Have decided to try and maintain my weight loss for a while, im really pleased with how far ive come (thats 2.5 stone lost) so maintenance will be ok til i ride out the crazy must eat everything thing. Probably hormones, pizotifen, and a raging infection i'm fighting at the moment.

i have not faired too well lately with diet, think i've come to the inevitable blow out. Have decided to try and maintain my weight loss for a while, im really pleased with how far ive come (thats 2.5 stone lost) so maintenance will be ok til i ride out the crazy must eat everything thing. Probably hormones, pizotifen, and a raging infection i'm fighting at the moment.

It's a shame you have all that going on but you lost 2.5 stone, that is so amazing! Also, I know you're a strong-ass bitch so you'll be back again soon, no doubt in my mind about it! :)

I stopped intermittent fasting a couple months a go...and I am starting to hate it.

I just wanted to try switching it up, because I don't really like making assumptions about my routine, and it was fine. It was actually quite good at first but I think that was more psychological because now after I eat I just feel less in the zone. So I'm starting IF again today.

Bumped into my old room mate. The first thing she said: "Wow, you have lost weight. Awesome."

Feels good, man :D

Doing a bit of body-weight training and some cardio works great for my generall fitness. And my eating habits have become a lot better now that I don't eat so much sweets and eat much less in general.

With that excercise routine I'm not building up muscle, but that's not really my goal. I just want to reduce my body fat percentage. I should start to measure it but I don't know how.

I stopped intermittent fasting a couple months a go...and I am starting to hate it.

I just wanted to try switching it up, because I don't really like making assumptions about my routine, and it was fine. It was actually quite good at first but I think that was more psychological because now after I eat I just feel less in the zone. So I'm starting IF again today.

Yeah I actually find I cannot cope eating a "normal" routine at all. I feel shit and I hate it. My fasting schedule varies a lot.. I've done full day fasts (they're damn hard to start), 24 hour fasts (eg 5pm tues start 5pm wed finish) and now i'm doing a bit like the leangains protocol where I'm having a 5pm-10pm eating window on weekdays.

I do think change is a good thing, I get tired of the same routine (like I had been doing for over 2 months) and went a bit weeehhhhhhh crazy. So I'm trying to adjust it rather than giving up.

I never feel as good when I'm fasting, ever. Wholeheartedly believe whatever scientific theory they have about health being improved for some people on IF. Even if I give up eating any kind of healthy-ness, I'm holding onto fasting at least 3 times a week in some shape or form.

I started my antibiotics today, and i'm already feeling like total shit so im pretty sure i'm going to see any shape of healthy eating, or TRYING in any shape or form going bye bye. Couldnt even carry a big tub of paint to the car without my joints crying (i'm a bloody weightlifter for crying out loud)

Yeah I actually find I cannot cope eating a "normal" routine at all. I feel shit and I hate it. My fasting schedule varies a lot.. I've done full day fasts (they're damn hard to start), 24 hour fasts (eg 5pm tues start 5pm wed finish) and now i'm doing a bit like the leangains protocol where I'm having a 5pm-10pm eating window on weekdays.

I do think change is a good thing, I get tired of the same routine (like I had been doing for over 2 months) and went a bit weeehhhhhhh crazy. So I'm trying to adjust it rather than giving up.

I never feel as good when I'm fasting, ever. Wholeheartedly believe whatever scientific theory they have about health being improved for some people on IF. Even if I give up eating any kind of healthy-ness, I'm holding onto fasting at least 3 times a week in some shape or form.

I started my antibiotics today, and i'm already feeling like total shit so im pretty sure i'm going to see any shape of healthy eating, or TRYING in any shape or form going bye bye. Couldnt even carry a big tub of paint to the car without my joints crying (i'm a bloody weightlifter for crying out loud)

Sending you much love and I hope you recover soon. It sounds well painful! :(

Well, at least he isn't on my patch anymore. He doesn't seem to be selling shoes...

Deadlift day which meant that I sweated buckets. I love the deadlifts. Still doing it at lowish weights compared to you guys as i'm just slowly building up. I don't tend to sweat when weightlifting but when im doing deadlifts I sweat loads, its like i've gone for a run. I don't get it!

Bumped into my old room mate. The first thing she said: "Wow, you have lost weight. Awesome."

Feels good, man :D

Doing a bit of body-weight training and some cardio works great for my generall fitness. And my eating habits have become a lot better now that I don't eat so much sweets and eat much less in general.

With that excercise routine I'm not building up muscle, but that's not really my goal. I just want to reduce my body fat percentage. I should start to measure it but I don't know how.

Someone said the same to me the other week and I was so flattered. Always good to know when others see the progress.

So I'm down from 16st 3lb to 16st. I was 1lb away from hitting the goal on the time I wanted but hey, I was extremely close so I'm happy!

1cc15b550c29eddbfc5a78f8101b860c.jpg

@Animal - What is the 1.2% up about?

jySs6oi.png

I'm not exactly sure what caused my bodyfat wobble but I'm glad I've rectified the issue and it's going back down the way (and lower than it was). Need to keep going at it to hit my target of 10% by August.

@Blade has done a progress post so I decided to do one when it has been six months since starting the journey (I'm a little late, I know...)

So I started my journey on 31st December 2015 kind of as a New Year's resolution to myself. After gaining a LOT of weight due to stress/comfort eating due to family matters, my Grandfather's passing amongst other things, it's safe to say that I wasn't coping and I handled it badly. Anyway, I would post a few pictures but my Instagram isn't private and it's open to everybody and, to be honest, it's a bit of a fiddle to post pictures from there to here so here is the main one I wanted to show you all.

F38Ff7k.jpg

This is the picture that defines my entire journey. I went from being my heaviest at 20st 7lb, fitting in 3XL/4XL t-shirts to being 4lb away to my lightest weight at 15st 11lb. My target is to get to 15st 7lb. However, when I do reach that target, I'm not going to stop there and I'm going to carry on until hopefully I get to around 15st and I'm going to try and build up some muscle and still train on my cardio.

All of this was possible because a lot of the time, I had the support from people on my Instagram, people in real life and the beautiful, amazing people on N-E. I just wanted to say thank you and I will continue to try and make you proud!

I'm at that stage on my cut where I feel weak and puny. I think I've lost a bit of weight due to work stress...it's been a really long and tiring year.

I'm at that stage on my cut where I feel weak and puny. I think I've lost a bit of weight due to work stress...it's been a really long and tiring year.

What kind of deficit are you at? Have you lost any strength?

I think this is the first cut I've been on where I've not lost strength. I've even managed to increase my rep ranges.