NEurope
Serebii

Nintendo Switch - Happy Switchmas Everyone!

They'll probably call it something lame like the Nintendo Xcite.

They'll rename it, the general public don't know "NX", it's not instilled in their minds as a thing yet so renaming it will be no issue.

Unless they utilise the "Wii" branding, I think that won't be a good move for them.

They'll rename it, the general public don't know "NX", it's not instilled in their minds as a thing yet so renaming it will be no issue.

Unless they utilise the "Wii" branding, I think that won't be a good move for them.

They tried it with WiiU and it didn't work, I seriously hope they don't contemplate making such a move with it again.

Also Ronnie - history/record shows that despite whatever cool codenames they have for things - they announce a new one with its proper official reveal. Do you really think they're going to do that differently, this time? As Kav says it isn't well known generally, so it isn't any big loss.

I do WANT them to stick with NX or a (good)name somehow working that in, but I just doubt they will when it comes down to it; especially if it turns out to be some sort of two-part system.

I think NX could both be the final name and not be the final name. I wonder if NX isn't more like android or iphone.... a set of standards, either for hardware or software (perhaps both).

So the next console will be "NX" but will also have a separate name to itself. Much like "windows" and "PC" and "Laptop".. a game will run on windows, but windows itself needs some hardware... and again, there are differen hardware architectures for computers, so maybe NX is defining the hardware architecture.. one way or another that's what all the talk I have heard from Nintendo has lead me to believe.

Also I read an interview somewhere that Nintendo had signalled they were moving away from the Wii branding, can't remember where I read that though

found it:

I can assure you we’re not building the next version of Wii or Wii U. It’s something unique and different. It’s something where we have to move away from those platforms in order to make it something that will appeal to our consumer base.

http://time.com/4131306/nintendo-kimishima-interview/

Edited by Pestneb

What does everyone think about the possibility that NX will be the final product name for, well, the NX? Or are they just continuing to use that codename across all mediums until they reveal it in September[/s]?

We see what appears to be an actual Nintendo logo for the NX at the end of the Sonic 2017 trailer, as shown here:

nintendonx.png

I've also got to admit, I've grown used to it.

That's just a standard font and in lieu of an actual name they're just using the codename, which Nintendo would have taken a copyright out on.

I have it on good authority that the NX is a Grey African parrot named Larry. For just a few hundred dollars he will laugh at you and shred your bed sheets while you're not looking.

I'm doubtful of her opinion. Which I find to be odd wording.

Why? I've found her to be quite good and insightful into the general industry and Nintendo history which she's clearly passionate about.

I have it on good authority that the NX is a Grey African parrot named Larry. For just a few hundred dollars he will laugh at you and shred your bed sheets while you're not looking.

Sounds like Reggie

She's also implying it's a hybrid

You getting that from the tweets? Curious how you came to that.

Hybrid would be stupid. People shouldn't be forced into buying a console just so they can use a handheld.

She's also implying it's a hybrid

What do you mean by 'hybrid', because what some people think the NX is (based off what Iwata said a few years back) is different to what others are saying.

Hybrid would be stupid. People shouldn't be forced into buying a console just so they can use a handheld.

Depends what kind of hybrid. People keep using the term in different ways it seems (as Goron infers). "Hybrid" could mean a two-in-one console, it could mean two connected (physically) but detachable and independent consoles. It could just mean a shared OS.

Or maybe it's powered by electricity and solar power and its hybrid in the car sense ::shrug:

What do you mean by 'hybrid', because what some people think the NX is (based off what Iwata said a few years back) is different to what others are saying.

#brexit

She's implying it'd be one whole device, which is contrary to what Iwata said.

Can you imagine the battery life on a device of XBO-PS4 level specs that is handheld? Yeesh.

Sounds like Reggie

You getting that from the tweets? Curious how you came to that.

Why? I've found her to be quite good and insightful into the general industry and Nintendo history which she's clearly passionate about.

Because her "leaks" are usually wrong?

Because her "leaks" are usually wrong?

I must admit I don't know her full track record in at all. I've seen stuff from her before that turned out to be on point, though.

I must admit I don't know her full track record in at all. I've seen stuff from her before that turned out to be on point, though.

And it is easy to confuse this Link for female :p

Her leaks have casually been extremely good, especially in recent times.

And she is heavily implying a hybrid, which wouldn't surprise me at all considering it's what I've been saying for a long time now. I hope it is just to see @Serebii trying and justify his passionate insistence it'll never ever happen!

LHPHsOh.png

Hopefully. It's taking too long and we need info.

Could this be a Nintendo controlled leak?

Sigh, I hate leaks. Destroys any sense of anticipation.

If the Wii remote had been leaked with no explanation, there'd have been uproar. Thankfully Nintendo revealed it themselves so they could get their messaging across properly.

Her leaks have casually been extremely good, especially in recent times.

??? Have I fallen into an alternate dimension again?

What has she gotten right in recent times? Paper Mario Wii U? That was leaked a whole year before she even said anything!

??? Have I fallen into an alternate dimension again?

What has she gotten right in recent times? Paper Mario Wii U? That was leaked a whole year before she even said anything!

No it wasn't, she got some Xbox stuff right, she was pretty good on the Zelda stuff, she's got timings right when things will get revealed.

Let's see shall we, she's been pretty specific and not vague, what's there to bitch about? She said there'd be mainstreamat8ff about nx this week and over the coming weeks, she's been pretty clear on nx power and such too. At least she has balls to come out and say it. I'm sure even if she's right you'll conveniently forget it and say it was all announced a year before she said anyway...

Now if you want to criticise someone, that Liam Robertson is a true bellend :)

Sigh, I hate leaks. Destroys any sense of anticipation.

If the Wii remote had been leaked with no explanation, there'd have been uproar. Thankfully Nintendo revealed it themselves so they could get their messaging across properly.

Different times. Tech gets leaked now. The leaks don't tend to be 100% accurate but it's unrealistic in today's world that a tech product sees no leak at all