NEurope
Rummy

N-Europe Meetup 2014(le planning thread) - 23rd August 2014

Do they know? If not, it sounds very creepy...

I think so. I wouldn't say it's creepy since I get on with them both really well. ore of an unexpected surprise. Makes me wonder how many people I've spoken to in forums but walk straight past in real life? Happened in New York were a friend of mine from a forum was in Trump Tower and I walked past it that day.

@bluey I'm sure I know. I knew it was her straight away from the avatar. We live in the same town. The one I'm not sure is @Jamba but his/her avatar reminds me of someone I know.

Well bluey is married to Jamba so it would make sense if you knew them both.

Well bluey is married to Jamba so it would make sense if you knew them both.

Ah I do know them then. They're very nice people. :)

Ah I do know them then. They're very nice people. :)

No, you must be thinking of someone else...

I jest!

Good to see that 16th August is looking to be the most likely date..defo the best date for me!

Edited by Goron_3

Good to see that 16th August is looking to be the most likely date..defo the best date for me!

Surely the 23rd is the best date as everyone has 'yes' or 'preferred' for that one :p

Surely the 23rd is the best date as everyone has 'yes' or 'preferred' for that one :p

Oh humbug..I may have to change that date then! I've never been to a meet before so I must ask, is it just for 1 day or do people do stuff on the Sunday too? I can make the Saturday but the Sunday is a no.

For the majority of people it's just the Saturday but some of us stay overnight and have a wander on Sunday :)

Just a heads up to let you know that, unless the date is Saturday 5th July then I'm out - I'm down in London that weekend anyway and probably won't be again this Summer.

Even if it was that date I'm with my girlfriend and I can't imagine she'll want to join in with a penis drawing competition.

This year I plan on staying in London from Friday until Sunday/Monday, so if anyone is doing the same, I was wondering if we could arrange something regarding accomodation. :)

Just a heads up to let you know that, unless the date is Saturday 5th July then I'm out - I'm down in London that weekend anyway and probably won't be again this Summer.

Even if it was that date I'm with my girlfriend and I can't imagine she'll want to join in with a penis drawing competition.

If by girlfriend you mean your right hand then I imagine it wouldn't mind!

This year I plan on staying in London from Friday until Sunday/Monday, so if anyone is doing the same, I was wondering if we could arrange something regarding accomodation. :)

Once a fixed date for the meet is sorted, i'll let you know.

Totally forgot 2nd August is my girlfriend's birthday, so that's a no go from me. But everything else is still fine. :)

Edit: and now I have a wedding to go to on the 29th/30th.

23rd Aug looking the winner?

Edited by Sheikah

I've just been checking train times and prices for possible N-E meet dates. It seems that the Manchester-London route is closed for three weekends in August.

Edited by Cube

I've just been checking train times and prices for possible N-E meet dates. It seems that the Manchester-London route is closed for three weekends in August.

More the reason to do it in Nottingham ;)

Stockport to London St Pancras by way of Sheffield is a 3 hour journey, so an extra hour or so than normal. Not great but hopefully not a dealbreaker since most people seem to be free then.

Yeah, how is everyone?

Have we got a solid confirmed list?

Let's play more Ninja.

Someone should do a mafia. (I MIGHT do a more simplified mafia, again with character sheets and such, just need to see if I have time to plan it).

Etc.

Stockport to London St Pancras by way of Sheffield is a 3 hour journey, so an extra hour or so than normal. Not great but hopefully not a dealbreaker since most people seem to be free then.

Definitely not a dealbreaker. Just rather annoying.

Also, I think I may buy The Resistance: Avalon. I had a lot of fun playing it and it probably works better than mafia in a live format (but we can still do both).

ohhhh shit I forgot about Ninja! I hope the weather is good.

I will try to prepare a mafia if people want one.

A few other group games would be good to play/do along with the usual telephone/mafia/ninja too

So far the 23rd is still looking like the best option for those of us that have posted availability with only Cube unsure due to trains. Maybe Cube can get the train to another travelling n-e member instead of directly to London and get a lift the rest of the way?