NEurope
Serebii

Nintendo Switch - Happy Switchmas Everyone!

Anything new? Whats the likelihood of Nintendo doing a 180 and showcasing NX at E3? Has it been done before?

I wonder how much it would cost to host their own event? They used to (Spaceworld), so clearly can afford it. May even show more confidence and hype...show that it's got full backing by them. I get they like their Directs, but they seem ever fewer...

You know E3? Specifically Nintendo's showcase...does anyone know if it's really JUST Zelda? I figured it was "just one playable game" (Zelda) and a sizzle reel of 3DS/Wii U games on Direct...but I keep hearing there won't even be the Direct sizzle reel. It seems weird considering there's still a few Wii U games left (Paper Mario, Zelda, others that I forget, probably an unnanounced game or two) and a FULL plate for the 3DS. I get blanking the Wii U, but doing it to the 3DS/the current best selling console this gen (at the mo') seems dumb as fuck. Does anyone know for 100%?

I wonder how much it would cost to host their own event? They used to (Spaceworld), so clearly can afford it. May even show more confidence and hype...show that it's got full backing by them. I get they like their Directs, but they seem ever fewer...

You know E3? Specifically Nintendo's showcase...does anyone know if it's really JUST Zelda? I figured it was "just one playable game" (Zelda) and a sizzle reel of 3DS/Wii U games on Direct...but I keep hearing there won't even be the Direct sizzle reel. It seems weird considering there's still a few Wii U games left (Paper Mario, Zelda, others that I forget, probably an unnanounced game or two) and a FULL plate for the 3DS. I get blanking the Wii U, but doing it to the 3DS/the current best selling console this gen (at the mo') seems dumb as fuck. Does anyone know for 100%?

We know Junichi Masuda is going to be at E3, so there will probably be other Nintendo published games

The press release they sent out just discusses Zelda. If they are showing more they've made a cock up announcing it.

THE LEGEND OF ZELDA FOR Wii U WILL BE PLAYABLE FOR THE FIRST TIME AT E3

Nintendo’s E3 show kicks off at 17:00 BST on Tuesday 14th June, with the world’s first in-depth look at The Legend of Zelda for Wii U

5th May, 2016 – Nintendo will transform its booth at the E3 video game trade show next month in Los Angeles to immerse fans in the world of the newest game in The Legend of Zelda franchise – playable for the first time ever at the show. To ensure attendees are able to truly experience the freedom of exploration the game offers, The Legend of Zelda for Wii U will be Nintendo’s focus of the show this year, and will be the only playable game in Nintendo’s booth via extended demos.

Nintendo’s kick-off to the E3 show happens at 17:00 BST on Tuesday 14th June, when Nintendo of America President and COO Reggie Fils-Aime introduces Nintendo Treehouse: Live, which will be dedicated to a day of live-streamed gameplay of The Legend of Zelda. This will be the world’s first in-depth look at the game, which will also include commentaries by Nintendo developers. The Legend of Zelda gameplay will be streamed from the E3 show floor via Nintendo’s Twitch channel, and will include game coverage, behind-the-scenes info, and plenty of fun.

Series Producer Eiji Aonuma has said that this new instalment in The Legend of Zelda franchise will be a clean break from the conventions of previous games, removing boundaries that forced players to follow a set path and introducing new gameplay that has not been experienced in previous games in the series.

To stay informed about Nintendo’s presence at E3, visit Nintendo of America’s website at http://e3.nintendo.com.

I do love though that Nintendo has said they're showing one game and some people are still getting hyped expecting more. Nothing can squash that pre-E3 hype that ultimately leads to disappointment!

I do love though that Nintendo has said they're showing one game and some people are still getting hyped expecting more. Nothing can squash that pre-E3 hype that ultimately leads to disappointment!

Agreed. I think the main culprit is much of the Pokémon community who just assume "games conference where Nintendo is at" = "Sun and Moon info" and don't listen to the rest of the facts thrown out way.

And I agree, if we're supposed to be getting something else at E3 then they've left it very late to start ramping up hype for it. Or letting us know that it exists, for that matter.

A minute long sizzle reel is all it takes to generate hype... Can't understand Nintendo man.

The trouble is, boss, that it only states it will be "the focus" and "only PLAYABLE game" (on that notification a few posts back) and nowhere does it say it will be the sole game shown in any way during the E3 season. That's THE problem. Having the big Z as the main focus and sole playable game at E3 doesn't neccessarily mean no sizzle reel for Direct. I mean...wasn't that the whole point of Directs in the first place?

Edited by Mr_Master_X2

It doesn't, but as I said it's the only communication about it and even on their E3 website they only mention Zelda and given its been a few weeks since they press release (and thus they'd have seen the coverage) if they are showing something else they are bizarrely keeping it secret or they really fucked up the publicity.

Still rumour at this point I guess but apparently there's a Japanese article claiming a separate handheld in development codenamed MH.

[Tweet]735050907323240448[/Tweet]

[Tweet]735051888882778112[/Tweet]

[Tweet]735058884650532864[/Tweet]

By doing things like changing money order premises, forecasts from FY March 2017 to FY March 2020 are being revised downwards. The driving force for economic growth has been switched from previous new businesses like "Health service, Theme park & Mobile games" to the next generation game console NX and next generation portable game console MH (Tentative title). There is no change in mid-term growth scenario.
Edited by VsPhoenix

I did repeatedly say that there's no way that the NX will be a handheld in March 2017, it will be a home console.

Was anyone actually suggesting that they would release it as a handheld in March?

I wouldn't be so quick to jump on that article...

1) That Morgan Stanley Japan note on Nintendo does NOT mean a portable console or the name "MH" is confirmed. They are picturing a scenario.

2) Such "rich" forward-looking analysis and also the wording is standard in investor notes. I know because I read *tons* of them ;)

Was anyone actually suggesting that they would release it as a handheld in March?

I did, and I'm sticking to my guns on this one until Nintendo prove me wrong :p

Releasing a new handheld console three months after a new Pokemon gen, interesting idea.

Can't remember who - EDIT: @Dcubed :p - but some people on here said NX would launch as a handheld first, and this year, because the Nintendo handheld needs replacing before the Nintendo home console.

I'm sure one or two people may have suggested a handheld might be out first, but I didn't think it was enough to warrant:

I did repeatedly say that there's no way that the NX will be a handheld in March 2017, it will be a home console.

I think most people expect the March 2017 reveal to be a home console.

Releasing a new handheld console three months after a new Pokemon gen, interesting idea.

Yup, very interesting...

Nintendo-3DS-AquaOpen.jpg

Never been done before...

Pokemon_Black_Box_Artwork.jpg

:p

To be fair with their trend of backwards compatibility a new handheld shortly after new games isn't much of a big deal. And it definitely makes sense to release Pokemon on the handheld with the larger install base even though it is a system seller, there are plenty who can't upgrade just for it.

People can correct me if I'm mistaken, but a lot of companies are not having a booth at E3, and are renting other venues instead. Nintendo could do the same.

It's not like it's impossibly expensive to just rent a whole exhibition center.

Again they could, but with less than three weeks to go...

And why would they use E3 for Zelda and somewhere else for everything else?

With the rumours of a new Xbox in 2017 which is pretty much a start of a new generation if the specs are accurate it really would leave Nintendo in a bad spot when it comes to 3rd parties.

Can see development quickly being shifted to the Xbox and PS4 neo and once again Nintendo having a console not powerful enough to run those games.

With the rumours of a new Xbox in 2017 which is pretty much a start of a new generation if the specs are accurate it really would leave Nintendo in a bad spot when it comes to 3rd parties.

Can see development quickly being shifted to the Xbox and PS4 neo and once again Nintendo having a console not powerful enough to run those games.

TBF though, we still know nothing about the NX...

TBF though, we still know nothing about the NX...

True but the rumours suggest in between xb1 and PS4

Well it could have been a more interesting discussion if it was put more... eloquently. Plus it's off topic, can we stick to discussing the NX, please?

Well it could have been a more interesting discussion if it was put more... eloquently. Plus it's off topic, can we stick to discussing the NX, please?

Yep, on topic would be nice. I don't have much to add to the conversation about the NX yet but this very much looks like a thread from the Other Consoles section.

I have a suggestion: If the NX is a hybrid, what genres do you think would benefit most from being both portable and having an expanded at home experience?