NEurope
Retro_Link

Nintendo Collectables!

50.jpg

The "real" Ash and Gary.. I'll get it, but this is the 3rd version of trainer Red, there are plenty of other Nintendo characters that should get figures..

Can anyone help with the best way of trying to get one of these?

I'd really love the original version that came with the starter Pokémon, but it's so expensive.

I'd really love the original version that came with the starter Pokémon, but it's so expensive.

I gave up on getting Red a long time ago, but these two might be a bit easier in the next few weeks. Should go up on Amazon Japan and you could use a forwarding service to get them shipped to the UK.

Kinda thinking I might need to do that myself, so will give you a heads up if any sort of method or plan forms.

I've used a forwarding service for the previous 3. Ordered directly from Amazon, so my Nendoroids were "untainted" by resellers.. I prefer it that way. Price was comparable to ordering a normal Nendoroid, because I didn't have to pay taxes.

This one will be more expensive, since it's a duopack.

Anyway, when pre-orders are up, I'll try to explain the process if you want to know.. Basically, you order from Amazon, but use the shipping address of your forwarder. I use Big in Japan. Apart from the address, you order as you'd normally do (using a credit card). Then with Big in Japan specifically, you order what they call a forwarding ticket, which covers the forwarding fee, but not the shipping to you. It's 500 yen though, not breaking the bank. This is also where you're letting them know they're getting a package they need to forward. Then when they get the package, you get an invoice for the shipping, and that's it.

There are other forwarders, and you could also use a proxy service (some stores provide both services). If you don't mind someone else handling your items, you use a proxy service to have them buy the Nendoroid, and you simply order from there, and they ship it to you. I have no experience with proxies (yet).

If ordering from a Japanese site is to daunting, you could wait for it to appear on the US Pokemon store website.

Nendo Champion Red is all paid for and should be on his way from the USA soon. HYPE.

This has been... an expensive month.

Nendo Champion Red is all paid for and should be on his way from the USA soon. HYPE.

This has been... an expensive month.

How did you get it? US proxy?

[tweet]713255960068775937[/tweet]

Edited by Sméagol

How did you get it? US proxy?

A friend who uses My Figure Collection arranged for someone in the USA to order us one each. They didn't even ask for any extra money or anything, some people are super nice.

A friend who uses My Figure Collection arranged for someone in the USA to order us one each. They didn't even ask for any extra money or anything, some people are super nice.

That's cool. I'm looking at US proxies for when it's re-released.

Oh and I forgot, Figma Lucina is getting a re-issue, for those who still want her.

Preorders are up.

I really want a Tetra Nendroid now.

Tetra, and Tingle (and Ganondorf if they can get it to work).

Probably don't have to confirm I just pre-ordered Zelda.

Also up for pre-order (and just pre-ordered by me):

u7bds3531.jpg

Completing the trilogy.

I'm getting all my stuff next month because of delays and the fact they're combined with items with later release dates.. Marth is ordered along with Tiamo / Cordelia being released start of next month), Link is ordered along with Anna (Frozen) and Shizue / Isabelle, the latter one being released at the end of the month, and the one holding things up (Anna was released in January). June is going to be expensive :D.

edit:

I forgot, First 4 Figures is doing a 1/4th scale Samus Varia suit:

horizontal_24.jpg

Regular

Exclusive

Edited by Sméagol

Just got a payment request for Shiida, she's shipping next week now.

Also looks like a Zero Suit Samus Figma is coming:

[tweet]735321754130878464[/tweet]

Edited by Ike

Cordelia costs £115 after shipping and that's not including import tax. Not sure if it's worth it...

I was going to see, yes it's worth it! Get it! But it looks like you're paying too much?

I'm paying a little more than £ 100 for the item and shipping it seems. What sites are you looking at?

(oh right, she's sold out at all the bigger store I assume, so that's probably the problem)

Edit:

No, not sold out:

http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?gcode=FIGURE-012602&page=top%2Fsearch%2Flist%3Fs_keywords%3Dtiamo%24pagemax%3D40%24getcnt%3D0%24pagecnt%3D1

Also available at Hobbysearch for a bit more (but still less than retail).

Edited by Sméagol

Amiami, I got payment request this morning. I selected EMS shipping which is adding £30 so I could go for slower shipping.

Ah ok.

No I always take the cheapest option, as I'm never in a hurrry, and prefer to keep my money ;).

But 30 pounds for ems? Are you sure? That also seems over the top. You can buy a Nendoroid for that.

No one been talking about the VANS trainers? I've ordered £500's worth of trainers.... I'm almost ashamed...

No one been talking about the VANS trainers? I've ordered £500's worth of trainers.... I'm almost ashamed...

WHAT how bloody much?

I was tempted by a few but not that much?!