NEurope
Serebii

Nintendo @ E3 2016

Figured I'd make a thread.

It's not all Zelda

Day 1

Nintendo heads to E3 once again and brings the coverage directly to you with a two-day program from Nintendo Treehouse: Live at E3! Tune in starting at 9 a.m. PT on June 14 for a day of live-streaming gameplay focused on The Legend of Zelda for Wii U and first live gameplay of Pokémon Sun and Pokémon Moon that kicks off the program! Watch it all here:

Day 2

Day 2 of Nintendo Treehouse: Live at E3 will showcase upcoming releases for Wii U and Nintendo 3DS, including Monster Hunter Generations, Dragon Quest VII: Fragments of the Forgotten Past and Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE! Day 2 will start with a special Pokémon GO developer Q&A at 10 a.m. PT on June 15 at:

Sounds like this wasn't their plan originally... (I mean, post NX "delay")

From "a day of just Zelda" to Zelda and Pokemon. Yeah, this smacks of them scrambling to appease the damage done with their previous announcement...

Either way, at least it means there might be something worth watching for me this E3, so it's a better situation than before. But it does make it look like Nintendo have no idea what the hell they're doing...

Edited by Dcubed

This has got to be the least hyped I've ever been for Nintendo at E3. They should've blown us all out of the water, God knows they needed to.

Sounds like this wasn't their plan originally... (I mean, post NX "delay")

From "a day of just Zelda" to Zelda and Pokemon. Yeah, this smacks of them scrambling to appease the damage done with their previous announcement...

I'm confused.

I thought Treehouse for this E3 was originally mentioned to be across 3 days, with Day 1 being entirely Zelda.

Nintendo scrambling for scraps of meat to make their e3 sausage.

Nintendo scrambling for scraps of meat to make their e3 sausage.

More like Nintendo realising

"Oh shit, we and our third party partners actually have games coming out this year. Maybe we should show them"

More like Nintendo realising

"Oh shit, we and our third party partners actually have games coming out this year. Maybe we should show them"

That's the weirdest part though, we all thought this when they announced 'just Zelda' so it makes no sense that they've only just come to the realisation now.

But didn't nintendo just say Zelda was the only PLAYABLE game at e3?!

Mad to think that not that long ago we'd all be expecting a huge huge NX blow out in a couple of weeks...

Instead I'll watch 20 minutes of zelda to see what it's like then read IGN for Xbox, Sony news an hands on. That's my e3. Then we have a "any moment now" period of Nintendo announcing their NX blowout... Going to be frustrating!

Interesting stat. 2006 600 exhibitors at e3, this year less than 200.

More TMS#FE footage on my birthday? What a wonderful present! :D

Hoping for some Paper Mario too, and maybe some other surprises.

That's the weirdest part though, we all thought this when they announced 'just Zelda' so it makes no sense that they've only just come to the realisation now.

Agreed, they've been so stupid regarding this E3 all round.

Even without NX, they still had plenty of upcoming stuff to show anyway. Why bother making it all about Zelda to begin with?

It's like they have no idea what they're doing and are just making it up as they go along.

Edited by Dcubed

I'll take what I can get but my hype is the lowest it has ever been for an E3 from Nintendo.

I'll take what I can get but my hype is the lowest it has ever been for an E3 from Nintendo.

Credit where credit is due though. At least it's an improvement from yesterday.

I actually don't have to completely avoid Nintendo this E3 now, so it's something!

Edited by Dcubed

Interesting stat. 2006 600 exhibitors at e3, this year less than 200.

That's crazy. Reckon that's down to the Internet? News doesn't need to be announced like it use to. Although I think the Internet enhanced E3 with lots more interactivity and a wider audience.

ps. Where you been dazzy? We're missing you in General Chat. ;)

That's crazy. Reckon that's down to the Internet? News doesn't need to be announced like it use to. Although I think the Internet enhanced E3 with lots more interactivity and a wider audience.

I never go in general. No thread in there. Definitely none that involves men and balls.

I'm not sure if them responding and putting out this new schedule makes things look better or worse. This change seems more like desperation and I'm not sure that much in that line up is going to set the world on fire (Zelda might cause a reasonable stir I suppose).

::shrug:

Mixture of things I guess. Internet. Financial pinch. Publishers shutting up shop etc etc

I never go in general. No thread in there. Definitely none that involves men and balls.

The Transgender thread..?

...this too is a joke not meant to offend, but to lighten the mood.

My hype is at an all time low for E3 in general. The EA one is exciting for Mass Effect news (bit isn't actually E3) and rumoured stuff for E3 sounds rather dull.

I miss Iwata :(

I wouldn't be surprised if the original "Zelda only" idea was entirely his, and that the change was down to the new people. I hope so.

I wouldn't be surprised if the original "Zelda only" idea was entirely his, and that the change was down to the new people. I hope so.

Considering even in the January meeting the plan was for NX to be shown there, but obviously it got delayed and so they delayed it. It's very unlikely it was Iwata's idea