NEurope
Retro_Link

Nintendo Collectables!

None of the Nintendo VANS I want are available in my size, so I guess that's some money saved at least.

Have any of you seen the Super Famicom Boxart Collection by Bitmap Books? I got my copy today and, despite the collection not having every single boxart, some of my fave Japanese anime games are missing, it's a really nicely presented book for the price - £25 on Amazon atm.

Edited by Guy

Have any of you seen the Super Famicom Boxart Collection by Bitmap Books? I got my copy today and, despite the collection not having every single boxart, some of my fave Japanese anime games are missing, it's a really nicely presented book for the price - £25 on Amazon atm.

Got mine a few weeks ago. Not had a chance to read through it properly yet though. I was under the impression it was supposed to include all the box art?

Saw they are doing a kickstarter for a NES/Famicom book next.

Are you going to wear them?

Yeah of course!!! Bought 10 pairs, 9 for me, 1 for my son :)

If the kids shoes were in adult sizes I'd have bought more!

Just ordered the villains design for store pickup 10 minutes ago and they are already ready to pick up.

Bought a pair of the Duck Hunt ones as I found them in my size. Damn you VANS.

Got mine a few weeks ago. Not had a chance to read through it properly yet though. I was under the impression it was supposed to include all the box art?

Saw they are doing a kickstarter for a NES/Famicom book next.

I definitely didn't see some of the boxart for a bunch of DBZ games in there, Hyper Dimension was missing for sure, plus a load of the Sailor Moon games, and I don't remember seeing the Tench Muyo RPG but I'll definitely need to check again.

Have backed the NES/Famicom book. If it's anywhere close to the SFC one it's gonna be great. Also really love those glitch screen postcards, I'm a total sucker for that sorta thing.

Edited by Guy

Picked up my pair, they look amazing in person.

IMG_20160606_183625.jpg

I generally don't give a shit about Vans, but these actually look nice. If I were to get a pair, these would be it, though I don't see them available on the website (?). Though I don't have the money at the moment anyway.

Got the first package (out of 3) for this month:

nendos_june.png

Customs either must have been sleeping, or they knew it's my birthday and decided to give me a break, as I didn't have to pay any import duties or anything.

That makes 28 Nendoroids total (excluding 2 doubles), with 9 out of 13 Nintendoroids.. Marth and Cordelia are on their way in shipment #2. I combined Shiida with something that's coming in July.

I also forgot to to check that Samus figma.. I may make another exception as it would pair nicely with the power suit Samus I already have.

I generally don't give a shit about Vans, but these actually look nice. If I were to get a pair, these would be it, though I don't see them available on the website (?). Though I don't have the money at the moment anyway.

They're exclusive to Schuh but they aren't listed anymore so I think they must have sold out. :(

I also forgot to to check that Samus figma.. I may make another exception as it would pair nicely with the power suit Samus I already have.

Preorders fore Samus went up yesterday.

Pretty sure a Pheonix Wright Figma was announced as well a while back as well.

My shipping tracking hasn't updated for Cordelia hasn't updated for over a week, regretting slightly going for slower shipping. :p

They're exclusive to Schuh but they aren't listed anymore so I think they must have sold out. :(

Preorders fore Samus went up yesterday.

Pretty sure a Pheonix Wright Figma was announced as well a while back as well.

My shipping tracking hasn't updated for Cordelia hasn't updated for over a week, regretting slightly going for slower shipping. :p

Yeah I don't know what Schuh is :p (though I can take a guess (or Google)).

(ehh just Googled it, God that's a shit site).

I have no interest in a Phoenix Wright figma, but I would crush the pre-order button for a Phoenix Wright Nendo.

.. Then again, the photo opportunities.. Hmmz.

Yeah Cordelia, that package was shipped this week, so I'll see it in a few weeks? I'm in no hurry, I'd like to postpone paying import taxes for as long as possible anyway ;). This month has been expensive.

New shoes (ehh just regular Adidas), new passport, a Kickstarter project (film adaptation from the guy who wrote Fightclub), and an exclusive Goodsmile figure from the Under the dog Kickstarter project. On top of my regular figure orders..

I've had a few customs stings recently on some Nintendoroids.

Fortunately my figure buying is gonna slow down massively now. Need to start saving money again.

Nendoroid Red and Green set has shipped from Amazon Japan, should hit the forwarding company today and be sent on to me soon.

Hype. Also customs probably, but mostly hype.

Nendoroid Red and Green set has shipped from Amazon Japan, should hit the forwarding company today and be sent on to me soon.

Hype. Also customs probably, but mostly hype.

Arrived last week, but I still haven't unboxed her. Need to clear some space somewhere first.

IMG_20160703_234124.jpg

Arrived last week, but I still haven't unboxed her. Need to clear some space somewhere first.

IMG_20160703_234124.jpg

Yeah, mine arrived last week as well, together with Marth. I've also not taken her out yet, but she's looking gorgeous even from inside the box.

Yeah, mine arrived last week as well, together with Marth. I've also not taken her out yet, but she's looking gorgeous even from inside the box.

Red and Green Nendos arrived, no customs thanks to the heroes at Big in Japan marking the value of the package down.

They're so cool!

Yeah my Ash and Gary are shipped as well.

I forgot this one by the way:

?context=bWFzdGVyfGltYWdlc3wyMzI3MTZ8aW1hZ2UvanBlZ3xpbWFnZXMvaDE2L2hmMS84ODg0NzY5OTE0OTEwLmpwZ3w2YjVkYWNkOGU4Yjg3MTQzNjJiNGY0MzQ4N2IzOGU1NWFlOGM0ZDAxMTk3NGZkNzY1Yjk4ZTgzMTc5Mjc2YjI4

I think I'll skip the re-color. Probably.

Wonfest is soon, so more news coming.

People who are buying Vans, where are you getting them? Schuh seems to be the only store in Leeds that's stocking them, but even then they seem to only have the donkey kong and one of the Mario designs in men's sizes! The one I've just been in had the Zelda slip on's, nes controller, Mario and luigi, princess peach and a the blocks one- all supposedly only come in women's sizes

People who are buying Vans, where are you getting them? Schuh seems to be the only store in Leeds that's stocking them, but even then they seem to only have the donkey kong and one of the Mario designs in men's sizes! The one I've just been in had the Zelda slip on's, nes controller, Mario and luigi, princess peach and a the blocks one- all supposedly only come in women's sizes

They're exclusive to Schuh and a limited run, that's probably pretty much all that's left. The only other thing you could try is directly from Vans, http://www.vans.co.uk/uk-en/nintendo-collection.html.

Sure, I'll buy a 3rd Link Nendoroid.

27.jpg

28.jpg

29.jpg

30.jpg

37.jpg

38.jpg

39.jpg

40.jpg

OhnoRaptors1469329933.jpeg

63.jpg

65.jpg

All the Nendoroids except for the Mega Men are instant pre-orders. I never played Mega Man X or Battle Network. I don't like the X design and don't think it suits the Nendoroid form factor.. I do like the B attle Network design and that one probably will suit the form factor, but I simply have no attachment to it. That Fire Emblem scale is also an instant pre-order.

Figmas I'll most likely skip.

Also various other non-nintendo game characters, but I'll post those later in the other thread.

Edit:

Well, I'll include this one, as he's a big 3rd party character.

66.jpg

Edited by Sméagol

Oh yeah, they definitely want my money. I'll be grabbing a good few of those!

Nooo I wanted to start getting less of these T_T. Might just get Corrin.