NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Tony Cabrony

Wii email

send an email to your hotmail/etc account, then send an email back and your light will stay on i think.

Now that we have a topic, does anyone know if you can just mail to the wii mail or do you need to be a registered emailaddress?

Now that we have a topic, does anyone know if you can just mail to the wii mail or do you need to be a registered emailaddress?

You need the Wii to accept emails from the email address first so I think you'd have to send an email to the email address first from the Wii.

You should try that.

I might try it, i havnt registered my wii to my gmail account, i wonder if I can send an email tomy Wii from that..

and wii code is the same as the code you use when sending mail to other wii users? ie freind codes.

I've just checked and yes that is true...I never thought that was that, but come to think of it, its obvious really.

I replied to an email i sent from my wii about half an hour ago and still my wii is doing nothing, any ideas?

________

Wendie 99

Edited by Tony Cabrony

w[wiicode]@wii.com

E.g:

[email protected]

That's so bollocks. We should have been able to just register an email address and people add you to a contact list. Stupid friend codes.:nono:

has anyone else used there wii address as there forward address for there normal emails adds? i did it with my gmail account and its pretty good as i can just check my email from the wii

hehe. Tnx ^^

has anyone else used there wii address as there forward address for there normal emails adds? i did it with my gmail account and its pretty good as i can just check my email from the wii

Awesome Idea. I did the same <3

Ive still not recieved my emails. I erased my adress from my Wii, registered it again and replied to it. My Wiiconnect connection is on, my light is set to bright and standby connection is on. Its as if my Wii isnt connected to the internet, but it must be if I recieved the email to my address.

________

AUTISM ADVICE

Edited by Tony Cabrony

Try again. My brother tried it first but it didn't accept. Delete the first one and make it a new one.

The problem is: we can't just give our Wii-address to anyone to mail to it. I find that registering rubbish. Because we don't have to much regsitering possibilities... The Wii-code thing, okay, it's bad, but it's better than GameCube's. Wich is nothing...

WOW - I'm having absolutely ZERO sucess with this at all!

• WiiConnect 24 always connects
  • Registered 2 e-mails address (Hotmail & Yahoo)
  • Nothing has come through at all (3 days now) :(
  • Deleated and re-added the addresses and still nothing....

This really sucks - I can see Angry Nintendo Nerd ripping into this when he's about 180.

The problem is: we can't just give our Wii-address to anyone to mail to it. I find that registering rubbish. Because we don't have to much regsitering possibilities... The Wii-code thing, okay, it's bad, but it's better than GameCube's. Wich is nothing...

I think it's good that you have to register emails addresses. As far as I can work it out, unless an email sent to your Wii is a registered address, you won't receive it. Therefore, you won't ever receive any spam.

Of course, I might be talking a load of b*******s !

**EDIT**

Had no problems registering my yahoo account. Received the confirmation email to my Wii within 5 minutes of sending it from yahoo.

WOW - I'm having absolutely ZERO sucess with this at all!

• WiiConnect 24 always connects
  • Registered 2 e-mails address (Hotmail & Yahoo)
  • Nothing has come through at all (3 days now) :(
  • Deleated and re-added the addresses and still nothing....

This really sucks - I can see Angry Nintendo Nerd ripping into this when he's about 180.

Check in your junk mail for hotmail/yahoo. When my friend tried to register me thats where the email went :indeed:

Check in your junk mail for hotmail/yahoo. When my friend tried to register me thats where the email went :indeed:

yeah on my hotmail account it went into the junk mail

Sign in to follow this