NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
corkcrumbs

Nintendo never wants to give me a job!! :(((

That's soooooo not funny!!! :(((

What should I do? Sue them? Or mail Sony and ask them for a job, make games for games [EDIT: for Sony], and then point the finger at Nintendo and laugh them in their face? ha ha ha ha!... :((

yes you could but my application wasn't anywhere near as silly as the above post, you have my word on that.

Well, how old are you? What's your experience like? What job are you actually applying for? Do you think you deserve to be part of such a huge company, or is this one big joke?

Try starting small.

From that post I can see why.

Took the words right out of my mouth.

Well, how old are you? What's your experience like? What job are you actually applying for? Do you think you deserve to be part of such a huge company, or is this one big joke?

Try starting small.

24 / none, apart from 9-5 jobs / some kind of game design job / yes, and no this is not a joke

Try starting small is a good advice but then you'd still need someone to work with and no friend of mine is interested, I'm sure.

So i'm guessing you have a degree right? And by starting small Shorty means getiing a job at a smaller company first, not at one of the premier developers in the industry, and a Japanese one at that. You gotta spend the first few years making (as a Ubisfot employee once said) "the games no one wants to make and no one wants to play."

So you were expecting nintendo to accept any guy who sends them an application? You're aiming really high i think.

As the others said: start small.

Not to sound bad but to apply for such a big company with no previous experience and such is a bit silly.

The other advice in this thread is right, start small.

you should really go to university and get a degree in video game design. I have a friend doing that at uni, I'll warn you now that theres alot of art involved, including still life drawing.

I know the Universitry of Huddersfeild offers the course, you should start looking around.

you should really go to university and get a degree in video game design. I have a friend doing that at uni, I'll warn you now that theres alot of art involved, including still life drawing.

I know the Universitry of Huddersfeild offers the course, you should start looking around.

Stealing the thread for a sec but cheers for posting that, I had a look and the Uni has the two courses I want and does it good.

Ok you can have your topic back...

You can't just waltz into Nintendo with no experience (or degree?) and expect to get a game design job at one of the best developers in the world just for being a huge fan.

You can't just waltz into Nintendo with no experience (or degree?) and expect to get a game design job at one of the best developers in the world just for being a huge fan.

oh, so being a fan isn't enough then? ok...

thx for information about university Chris, but then I'd have to begg for money to go to something I'm not sure I'd fit in to, since I'm not great a painting (I painted constantly when I was young but nowdays I rarely do it, it's more making music now) I think I'm better at making music even if I'm pretty bad at that too, so... :( oh well...

If I was Nintendo, I'd sure as hell give you a job. [sarcasm/]

You'd probably be known as the guy who murdered mario.

FUCK YEAH COME TO HUDDERSFIELD!

If I was Nintendo, I'd sure as hell give you a job. [sarcasm/]

You'd probably be known as the guy who murdered mario.

Awesome post!

study at digipen

(digipen is a game design college right near nintendo's american hedquarters in redmod seattle)

if your seriously thinking about getting a career in game design go there

also if you have no experience in game design why would you think you had any hope of working for them

do you have any skills in programing, grafic design, music, ect.

If you really want to work for Nintendo in design I'd say your only hope is to get some massive cash behind you and go and enroll at Digipen in Redmond (beaten above). That's all coding and design from what I know. Nintendo has no development in Europe itself accept for Fuse Games, and any 3rd parties it collaborates with.

Chris the great's advice will be of the most help to you if you want to get into design. And for purely design, Huddersfield is one of the better courses IIRC. These things take shitloads of dedication though.........if you really want to get where you want to be, then say goodbye to most of your social life for a few years.

Oh, and please post up what you sent to Nintendo for thread purposes. :wink:

oh, so being a fan isn't enough then? ok...

This guy is full on taking the piss isnt he?

This guy is full on taking the piss isnt he?

I thought so from that sentence too.

Sign in to follow this