NEurope
Noku

Street Fighter IV

It would be great, especially with the Hori-like Classic controller...But I dunno...The Gamcube only got one SF game Capcom vs Snk 2, whilst the xbox got a few exclusives plus the Marvel Vs games and ofcorse Sony gets the motherload.

And I think Capcom are still relatively pi$$ed about their games not selling too well on the GC. That trailer looks 'HD ready' ie 360/ps3 territory.

And I think Capcom are still relatively pi$$ed about their games not selling too well on the GC.

Capcom are very pleased with how well their games are selling on the Wii.

It would be great, especially with the Hori-like Classic controller...But I dunno...The Gamcube only got one SF game Capcom vs Snk 2, whilst the xbox got a few exclusives plus the Marvel Vs games and ofcorse Sony gets the motherload.

And I think Capcom are still relatively pi$$ed about their games not selling too well on the GC.

I think someone here with more in-depth knowledge could argue that last paragraph ;)

And yeah, Capcom vs Snk 2 EO... Sucks donkeyballs tbh. One game the GC-controller wasn't meant to do.

Methinks Capcom are starting to realize the potential of the Wii. News of MH3 being rumored to have been dropped in favor of exclusive development for the Wii was music to me ears, and so is this I hear of an Okami port.

If SF is ever going to hit a Nintendo console in the 2000's, it's now.

Capcom are very pleased with how well their games are selling on the Wii.

Games? I thought Capcom only released a remade Resident Evil 4 for the Wii at a time when Wii games were lacking. How couldn't that not of sold well?

But Killer 7, PN03, RE0 and it seems even RE4 didn't sell too well on the Gamcube.

I think someone here with more in-depth knowledge could argue that last paragraph ;)

Sure, but I chalk up ALL so-called Gamecube exclusives (minus RE0 & PN03) being ported to another console as saying "no, Gamecube owners are not buying our games, therefore we're moving it to a larger userbase; PS2".

What type of SF is this though? Is it the 3D EX type of the 2D Alpha type?

I think that's just the way things go in the industry. Ports are standard procedure once an exclusivity arrangement has been honored.

By the way, did my eyes decieve me, or did you just type PS3 only to correct it to PS2 there? :p

I think that's just the way things go in the industry. Ports are standard procedure once an exclusivity arrangement has been honored.

By the way, did my eyes decieve me, or did you just type PS3 only to correct it to PS2 there? :p

Optic deception...Human error by me? Nevaaaar!

I doubt very much this is for the wii.

If they do it in 2D - like they should - there will be no reason not to put it on the Wii.

Awesome announcement! Though I seriously doubt it'll be for me. Definitely not an exclusive. I think it'll head to 360/PS3 and arcade first. After SF4, there'll be a revision after revision. After the first revision you should see the game being ported to other platforms. In the end, it'll reach every conceivable platform there, including Wii, DS and PSP. It may not be the same game, but it'll carry the same name. Remember, they're releasing a SF Alpha game on mobiles!

From the looks of it, it does seem like a hi-end title. I wonder if it's 3D with cool new cell-shaded styles, or 3D look+2D gameplay or just 2D? Maybe it's not even a fighter as we know it, but perhaps it's a turn-based RPG? :o

Fapulous. Faptastic. Fapnomenal. And so on...

I agree the trailer looks very HD, but theres a big chance its still a 2D fighter.

Games? I thought Capcom only released a remade Resident Evil 4 for the Wii at a time when Wii games were lacking. How couldn't that not of sold well?

Because it was a port of a 2 year old game, which had already been released on 3 platforms and pretty much been bought by the entire Resident Evil fanbase.

Capcom estimated worldwide sales of 420k by March 2008, it's still got 5 months to go and is sitting at a pretty 780k world wide. It's going to be a million seller, not bad at all.

But Killer 7, PN03, RE0 and it seems even RE4 didn't sell too well on the Gamcube.

Yeah, Capcom didn't have all that much joy on the GameCube, but saying that Killer 7 didn't sell well on Ps2 either, RE4 still sold about 2 million on GameCube, and PN03 was a poorly receive game by the media. Vietiful Joe was the major flop I seem to remember.

They are being very cautious, but if they have an option to make this game 360 and PS3 only, or 360, PS3 and Wii, I think they'll take the latter.

I'd be happy with Street Fighter IV for DS.

Though getting a Wii release would ofc. be awesome.

Wow, I hope it's 2D and very pretty. This has been a long time coming. I can't wait to see what it's like. I must've spent a ridiculous amount of hours playing Capcom fighting games.

I hope the game actually looks like that, all arty and stuff. If they just went ahead and made a straight fighter, they may as well release another version of SF2:Turbo HD-DVD PCI CIA BBQ DLC FBI BBFC ITV FSA Legendary Hyper Extreme Super-Special-Awesome Limited Platinum Collectors Edition. With a figurine.

Ha, it isn't that bad. Only three versions of SF3 (technically 4 if you include the one with Live) were ever released and all had significant changes to the game.

This will not come to the Wii, i will give £40 to my girlfriend for no reason if it does...

the best street fighter in my opinion was Third Strike ,

and for this streetfighter i hope its stays 2d but alot better then Third strike i hope

and maybe its just a Wii ware game

the best street fighter in my opinion was Third Strike

Same here! Third Strike plays the best, and has the visuals to match!

If Street Fighter IV is a 2D-game (and it better be!), I doubt it'll come to Wii. Methinks they are going to take the HD-route, not unlike SF2:HD.

The trailer is stylish enough, but doesn't say much about the game we didn't expect: it has Ryu, Ken, hadokens and a field with long grass and trees being shaken by the wind. Standard Street Fighter-fare.

Still, there is something odd about Ken. Is it Ken's turn to become 'evil'?

I hope the game actually looks like that, all arty and stuff. If they just went ahead and made a straight fighter, they may as well release another version of SF2:Turbo HD-DVD PCI CIA BBQ DLC FBI BBFC ITV FSA Legendary Hyper Extreme Super-Special-Awesome Limited Platinum Collectors Edition. With a figurine.

Hahahah...This dude cracks me up!: peace:

Same here! Third Strike plays the best, and has the visuals to match!

If Street Fighter IV is a 2D-game (and it better be!), I doubt it'll come to Wii. Methinks they are going to take the HD-route, not unlike SF2:HD.

The trailer is stylish enough, but doesn't say much about the game we didn't expect: it has Ryu, Ken, hadokens and a field with long grass and trees being shaken by the wind. Standard Street Fighter-fare.

Still, there is something odd about Ken. Is it Ken's turn to become 'evil'?

W00t, the rise of Violent Ken. Honestly, I really need the return of the Alpha crew, mainly: Feilong, Guy, Adon and a Cammy with KILLER BEE ASSAULT!

This would be awsome if it came to Wii, on ONE CONDITION NO NO NO TO WAGGLE CONTROLS I WANT CLASSIC CONTROLLER SUPPORT

Awesome announcement! Though I seriously doubt it'll be for me. Definitely not an exclusive. I think it'll head to 360/PS3 and arcade first. After SF4, there'll be a revision after revision. After the first revision you should see the game being ported to other platforms. In the end, it'll reach every conceivable platform there, including Wii, DS and PSP. It may not be the same game, but it'll carry the same name. Remember, they're releasing a SF Alpha game on mobiles!

From the looks of it, it does seem like a hi-end title. I wonder if it's 3D with cool new cell-shaded styles, or 3D look+2D gameplay or just 2D? Maybe it's not even a fighter as we know it, but perhaps it's a turn-based RPG? :o

yeah I agree it is very likely we will see some version or other of it...look at Streetfighter 2 that was whored to death on every console...

Am I the only one who thought the trailer was a bit crap? Nice style but didn't like the character design and I cringed so much my face turned inside out when Ken did the finger 'come over here' thing.

If it's in 2d like others say and really goes to down on the style and tweak the cheese then it could obviously be amazing and would love to see it on Wii, but this is so obviously HD!

Like I said on the other games console forum, I would be very suprised if PS2 does not get a version. PS2 is still huge and SFIV would sell in great numbers.

Maybe the Wii might get a PS2 port. I don't think it will though.

I agree that Third Strike is the best game, The animations are superb and they really nailed the balance of the different characters. I also purchased SFIII: Double Impact before Third Strike was released and it plays nowhere near as good.