NEurope
Helmsly

The House of The Dead: Overkill

What the fuck? No JSR? FUkjfajdkasjkajkosdjg FUCK. WE DON'T NEED ANOTHER LIGHT GUN GAME.

*goes into the corner and cries*

Sega Europe have cried and the video has been removed from YouTube - the bitches! What does it look like???!!!

EDIT: OK seen it now on GT - looks a bit meh just now actually.

Press Release:

SEGA® Europe Ltd. and SEGA® of America, Inc. today announced The House of the Dead: OVERKILL, an all-new pulp-horror reinvention of the classic SEGA light-gun shooter franchise. Created by London-based studio Headstrong Games, The House of the Dead: OVERKILL will take you right back to the beginning of this classic horror series. Available exclusively on the Nintendo Wii early in 2009 and announced to coincide with Games Convention at Leipzig, The House of the Dead: OVERKILL will be presented live by developer Headstrong Games for specially invited members of the press in SEGA’s business centre suite.

The House of the Dead: OVERKILL uncovers the ugly, terrifying, red hot secrets behind the House of the Dead; the daddy of all over-the-top shooters. While staying true to the classic gameplay this hugely successful SEGA series is getting a new retro look, with distinctive graphics, sound and attitude that will add to its horror cool status. Plus, thanks to the Wii Remote™, players will fight off zombies when they get too close; pistol-whipping jaws off and smashing in skulls with their shotgun butt.

“We wanted to do something really different with The House of the Dead: OVERKILL,” commented Bradley Crooks, Studio Head at Headstrong Games. “With SEGA we’ve been able to create a fresh look for the franchise. I think you’ll agree it’s like nothing you’ve seen before on Wii.”

“Paying homage to the pulp horror comics and films that inspired generations of gore fans, The House of the Dead: OVERKILL will expose gamers to a brand-new fleshy rollercoaster ride of revolting dismemberment,” commented Gary Knight, European Marketing Director at SEGA Europe. “This is the hardcore Wii title you’ve been waiting for.”

The House of the Dead: OVERKILL takes you back to when Special Agent G was fresh out of the academy. Teamed up with hard-boiled bad-ass Detective Washington, they are sent to investigate stories of mysterious disappearances in small-town Louisiana. Little do they know what blood-soaked mutant depravity awaits them in the streets and swamps of Bayou City…

The House of the Dead: OVERKILL will be released in early 2009, exclusively for Nintendo Wii. For more information about the game, please visit http://www.houseofthedeadoverkill.com.

Check out our YouTube channel for the UNCUT version of the trailer –

Screens:

house_of_the_dead__overkill_-_gc_2008-nintendo_wiiscreenshots14976hotd_overkill_carnival-boss.jpg

house_of_the_dead__overkill_-_gc_2008-nintendo_wiiscreenshots14977hotd_overkill_fury-executed.jpg

house_of_the_dead__overkill_-_gc_2008-nintendo_wiiscreenshots14978hotd_overkill_getting-too-close.jpg

house_of_the_dead__overkill_-_gc-1.jpg

Even Grindhouse type of boxart :D

houseofthedeadoverkillgxd0.jpg

"This is like something out of a video game!"

Fantastic :P

This is probably set before all the HoTD games since G appears to be younger...

Sweeeeet. So we were waiting for JSGR, but got bloody gory campness instead. My eyes are crying blood out of sheer joy and horror.

Thank you Sega!

Wow, this looks bloody fantastic! :o

Simply awesome style, here's hoping it'll have the game play to match.

Oh. My. GOD! This looks great. :grin:

The HotD series is my all time favourite arcade game(s). It's good to see that Sega are doing something different with it though! I can't wait for this one. I still really hope for a HotD4 port at some point though.

This is probably set before all the HoTD games since G appears to be younger...

Yup, it says so in the press release Dante posted.

Lol, that trailer is class. "They have come for brains, you will give them... bullets." :laughing:

(Edit: seeing as the Youtube video was no longer working in the opening post, I replaced it with the one Dante linked to. Get it watched!)

Toldja! That looks awesome.

Indeed good call.

Im very happy with this annoucement and the boxart is fantastic.