NEurope
ipaul

European Elections

With the elections today, have any of you been out and cast your vote? If so, who for? If not, why not?

I'm still too young to vote but had I the chance, I would have voted for the Lib Dems.

Yeah I just been and done it on my way home from work.

I decided against the main parties due to recent events. I hit up the Green Party. :D I've never ever voted for them before, I'm usually a Labour man but I'm sick of it all. Had a look on the Green party website and the likes of UKIP and some others but I liked a lot of the things the Greens had to say about the EU.

The list to choose from was mega long, some I've never even heard of. The christian alliance of christians or something.... O________o

Edited by Platty

Hmmm. I voted this morning. I voted 1st for someone called Parsley (mmmm parsley <3) 2nd for the green party, and 3rd for a bloke with a cheesey grin!

Basically the ones I voted for are the parties that tend to be more middle road rather than very unionist or very nationalist. Northern Ireland politics are awfully complex :heh:

I'm not voting for Sinn Fein or the DUP, thats for sure >_>

I am eligiable to vote, but couldn't be bothered. I only seem to vote in General, Local and one or two other elections.

Just got back, voted for a guy called Moses.

Lib Dem for the locals, Labour for the European.

I just got back from voting and was about to make a thread.

Sadly I almost didn't vote today for a couple of reasons, including that the voting was taking place at this on-site bar/club/mansion thing that's here at the student village (God I can't wait to move) and I didn't want to go there. I fucking hate the place and I thought loads of dicks would be there drunk, etc. But then I found out a few people from back home voted for a racist party. I suddenly woke up and thought, "Shit, you like politics... you're not apathetic. But you're not voting because of the place might have a few drunken idiots? While other people take their chance for a bunch of racists?"

Then I quickly got my coat and saved democracy... or something.

I also asked which voter I was for the station, I was 57. Out of around 1,200 students living at this student village.

Oh, also, I only had a ballot card for the MEPs, no council. So... I didn't get to vote for that sadly.

I did indeed vote and I too found the length of the European ballot pretty crazy. I loved the efficient ''WI ladies'' running the station though.

Aylesbury/Bucks has been a Tory stronghold in every sense for so long; any vote of mine feels almost wasted.

Voting happens here on Sunday. Haven't thought too much about it yet, but I think I'll be voting for the Green party this year. =)

I just got some massive yellow sheet given to me.

I put a cross next to Green Party and put it in the box.

I was tempted to go for the one at the bottom which had no names underneath it...

i went green. though the christian fellowship made me lol. as i said to my mam "it already had a cross next to it!"

also, the doggy i like was outside to polling station. hes a husky, and if ever a dog looked noble, its him. he sits tall and proud, constant vigulance.

back on topic, i mostly voted to do my part keeping the bnp out, i dont really think theres much major difference between the parties to me, but god i hate that nick griffin

I'm off to vote in a few mins, gonna vote for Green Party or UKIP something like that... I'm not voting for any party that promotes racism anyway.

People shouldn't vote Green. They get props for being fun lovin hippies then when you look in to it they're less keen to promote their proposed E.U wide ban on stem cell research.

YES! :grin: my dad reminded us of this today so we hopped in the van and went as a family to do it. Now I had no idea who I was voting for...

It was my first time voting! I was given the sheet and I said "I was going to vote for the guy who had the most awesome name" This was met with disapproving looks. :p

Made worse after my mum said "I'm going to take hours!" to which I shouted out... "This isn't a sperm bank" It would have worked better if my dad had said it but, meh. People around me laughed. :heh:

Off to the booth, I was left on my own. I looked down the ls it of confusing parties with their confusing names. Some of them had little slogans underneath which were cringeworthy to look at. I almost followed through with my Policy of the people with the most awesome names.. however that was in Labour and I read their panflet which didn't entice me. So I went for the Green Party. :)

So yeh, I need to learn my politics.

People shouldn't vote Green. They get props for being fun lovin hippies then when you look in to it they're less keen to promote their proposed E.U wide ban on stem cell research.

awww figs. oh well, they dont really stand a chance so no harm done to my delicious feotus smoothies.

who thinks we shud start our own political party?

I'm off to vote in a few mins, gonna vote for Green Party or UKIP something like that... I'm not voting for any party that promotes racism anyway.

so...wut. UKIP are a bunch of xenophobes.

"This isn't a sperm bank"

Coolness you didn't?!? You look way too innocent to come out with things like that :heh:

so...wut. UKIP are a bunch of xenophobes.

i rember getting post of my grandfather with UKIP stickers on the envolope. oh pop, you and your racism.

Coolness you didn't?!? You look way too innocent to come out with things like that :heh:

I Blame ReZ. :p (and the return of swing music!)

It just slipped...out! :D

I Blame ReZ. :p (and the return of swing music!)

It just slipped...out! :D

@ rez : shame on you soiling this poor innocent mind!! :heh:

Just got back. Lib Dem for the Odwin household. Tax the rich and ease my taxes? Yes please.

I spent a bit of my day at work convincing people to vote just so that the BNP get a smaller percent.

When we were about to leave our house to go vote I said to my 2 year old "we're going to go vote now Anna." She replies "WE'RE GOING ON A BOAT!!!?!?!?!" Then ran around filled with joy. Fortunately she'd forgotten about it after walking through the park.

And it's done... voted Green in the end... *shrugs*

Here is only on sunday. Will vote for the most pro-European party I can find.

Oh crap my postal vote is still in my bag. All ready to be sent as well. My cross was in the conservative box. Damnit.

When we were about to leave our house to go vote I said to my 2 year old "we're going to go vote now Anna." She replies "WE'RE GOING ON A BOAT!!!?!?!?!" Then ran around filled with joy. Fortunately she'd forgotten about it after walking through the park.

thats how they suckered me into it.