NEurope
EEVILMURRAY

Derren Brown's "I'm failing the nation" series

He can't make me do anything because I simply won't watch it. :heh:

This is actually a pretty interesting concept, you could at least put some info about it in the OP rather than just a link. I usually call BS on everything Darren Brown pulls, so I'm definitely going to be there for this (and prove it wrong).

He can leave my ass alone thanks. You might be sick of this guy now, but does anyone remember when Paul Daniels was on the telly :nono:

I'll be sceptically watching this, but I doubt he'll actually use hypnotic techniques. Should be entertaining all the same, whatever he ends up doing.

I'll be watching as I'm genuinely interested to see what is going to happen. Hope there is actually some psychological process behind it and not just a trick like:

"I can make you turn over your hands without touching them. Hold them out...no the other way"

That would be shit.

Just reading a bit in the TVTimes, it says that Derren Brown wants people to have their phones nearby to phone in their experiences. Plus he covered his arse by saying "It won't work on everyone"

It will prey on lazy people by constantly saying "Isn't that a comfy chair/sofa?" and nobody will bother getting up.

Im especially skeptical as im pretty sure it's a broadcasting regulation that you can't attempt hypnosis on a viewer. Still, I think he's pretty great and will be watching (though the highlight of the night will clearly be the return of Peep Show)

I often worry that I'll bump into Derren Brown in the street and he'll force me to have sex with him.

Not with his magic powers, just with a gun that I'm sure he carries with him.

Wait, does this clash with Strictly?

Did I just see a supposedly straight male ask in a worried manner if another TV show clashed with Strictly Come Dancing?

Did I just read that right?

Did I just see a supposedly straight male ask in a worried manner if another TV show clashed with Strictly Come Dancing?

Did I just read that right?

Maybe he swings on Fridays? It happens, and well... who am I to judge? :p

Edited by McPhee

I think it was a joke.

--

I'll watch, but i'll bet me bottom dollar I won't be stuck to my seat.

So the plan is to say that he'll have you glued to your seat, and then do a normal show while everyone watches the whole show expecting him to do something amazing?

Of course, he probably won't, but if you've watched the whole show waiting for it then it would be successful.

Brainiac did something like this a few years ago with a music note at such a pitch that it would make you go to the loo there and then. It didn't work with me, so i doubt very much that i will be glued to my seat if i watch Derren Brown on Friday

I'm gonna watch it, I enjoy his shows anyway and if it works, I'll be really amazed.

I just had a thought. What if it goes wrong and you get stuck to your sofa....forever. I'm not sure I will watch now.

I want it to happen, but it almost deinitely won't work.

I can picture the scene now: Some people jokingly say they can't stand up, one will try and convince that they are genuinely stuck, then the rest will be all triumphant about how it didn't work and call Derren a prick.

Then you'll get people saying that he wasted an hour of their time, despite them knowing it may not work and despite them making a conscious decision to watch the programme anyway.

Surely it can't be too hard to sneak into the 5 cretins who will actually watch this shit's houses and put glue on the sofas. The only reason he can't guarantee that it will work is because he isn't entirely sure that they have intelligence to use a sofa properly, so they could end up sitting somewhere other than the actual seat.

Surely it can't be too hard to sneak into the 5 cretins who will actually watch this shit's houses and put glue on the sofas. The only reason he can't guarantee that it will work is because he isn't entirely sure that they have intelligence to use a sofa properly, so they could end up sitting somewhere other than the actual seat.

Bit harsh there...