NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Hero-of-Time

Nintendo 2010: A Taste Of Things To Come!

2009 is just about over and despite what many think the Wii had a strong lineup of games this year. Just take a look at....

Rabbids Go Home, Resident Evil: Darkside Chronicles, Muramasa, Boy and His Blob, Wii Fit Plus, New Super Mario Bros. Wii, Tales of Symphonia, Spyborgs, Dead Space:Extraction, Turtles: Smash Up, Mario and Sonic at the Winter Olympics, Wii Sports Resort, Marbles!, Metroid Trilogy, Munchables, Klonoa, Cursed Mountain, Dragonball, The Conduit, Boom Blox Bash Party, Another Code, Grand Slam Tennis, Punch-Out!!, Little Kings Story, Final Fantasy: Echoes of Time, Castlevania Judgement, Broken Sword, Sonic and the black Knight, House of the Dead Overkill, Job Island, Mad World, Deadly Creatures, Tenchu and the New Play and Control range of games. Quite a list there and thats without mentioning the VC and WiiWare releases!

So what will 2010 bring? I thought it would be fitting to make this topic tonight so in here im gonna list some of the games that are heading our way next year.

Silent Hill: Shattered Memories

11.jpg

Tatsunoko Vs Capcom

Tatsunoko-VS-Capcom-box-art.jpg

Epic Mickey

epic_mickey_reveal.jpg

Mario Galaxy 2

Super-Mario-Galaxy-2-E3-2009.jpg

Monster Hunter 3

monster-hunter-3.png

Metroid: Other M

metroid-other-m_03.jpg

Red Steel 2

red-steel-2-20090601041346333_640w.jpg

Trauma Team

trauma_team.jpg

Super Monkey Ball: Step & Roll

14675.jpg

Sin & Punishment 2

sin-and-punishment-2-01.png

Span Smasher

span-smasher-2_01.png

Tales of Graces

Tales_of_Graces_Cover.png

Arc Rise Fantasia

arc_rise_fantasia_boxart.png

Fragile

normal_Fragile_boxart.jpg

Final Fantasy: Crystal Bearers

Final-Fantasy-Crystal-Chronicles-The-Crystal-Bearers-US.jpg

Calling

156032-CallingThumb.jpg

No More Heroes 2

no_more_heroes_2_desperate_struggly_boxart_temp.jpg

Pokepark Wii

pokeparkwiiboxartlarge.jpg

Endless Ocean 2

endless-ocean-2-beautiful-ocean-20090602115517077_640w.jpg

The Grinder

e3-2009the-grinder-20090526041955562_640w.jpg

Lost In Shadows

lost-in-shadow058-495x371.jpg

Zelda Wii Will it arrive in 2010? :hmm:

ZeldaWiiArt.jpg

Not a bad looking set of games considering the year has yet to start and there will be no doubt many other games announced and released by this time next year.

So, what games are you looking forward to the most? Will next year match this years lineup? Which games are you dying to get your hands on and which can you wait til they hit the bargain bin? Let the games begin!

You realise it took almost an hour for you to make this thread? Yep, I can stalk too. :heh:

First things first, Endless Ocean 2 ftw! :bouncy:

When you see a list of games like that... :o it makes 2010 look like its gonna be crazy good for the Wii. I'll be predictably following the RPGs (fingers crossed for Tales of Graces) and not worrying about the horror type games or NMH 2, with Crystal Bearers being my first day one Wii title of 2010. It might be getting some dodgy press now that its been released Japan and the US but I'm not put off. I'm really looking forward to Red Steel 2 because yes, I really enjoyed the first one and I'm loving the western setting of the sequel- it just screams Dark Tower to me. :grin:

There's the obvious big hitters like Galaxy 2 and Metroid. We don't have a thing to worry about with Galaxy 2 because theres absolutely no doubt it will be a joy to play but here's a turn up for the books- we haven't seen much at all of M: OM but I really like what has been shown. I got good vibes at E3. :)

Bargain bin wise, hmm, I might let Marvel vs Tatsunoko meet that fate.

Most importantly: I don't think I've heard of Span Smasher before!

You missed out on Sky Crawlers: Innocent Aces, Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing and Megaman 10.

Edited by Dante

You missed out on Sky Crawlers: Innocent Aces, Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing and Megaman 10.

Thank me later.

could this be the year of....sadness?

i-want-to-believe.jpg

I didn't realize there were any of you guys left. I thought natural selection took you all...

Ok, here we go, let's try and keep this list updated with dates. I've listed the European/Australian release dates where possible. If they're not available, I've used American ones, etc.

2010 Release Dates:

January 2010:

The Sky Crawlers: Innocent Aces (NA: 5th)

No More Heroes (NA: 26th)

Tatsunoko vs. Capcom: Ultimate All-Stars (EU: 29th)

February 2010:

Silent Hill: Shattered Memories

Endless Ocean 2 (EU: 5th)

Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: The Crystal Bearers (EU: 5th)

Super Monkey Ball: Step & Roll (NA: 12th)

Fragile (NA: 16th)

March 2010:

Red Steel 2 (EU: 23rd)

Megaman 10

Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing

Sin and Punishment 2 (Rumoured)

April 2010:

Monster Hunter 3

Trauma Team (NA: 20th)

Lost in Shadow (EU: Rumoured for April)

May 2010:

Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands

September 2010:

Epic Mickey (NA: 16th)

Month Unknown

Arc Rise Fantasia

Calling

Cave Story

Gladiator A.D.

The Grinder

Metroid: Other M

NightSky

PokéPark Wii: Pikachu no Daibouken

Span Smasher

Super Mario Galaxy

Super Meat Boy

Tales of Graces

Zelda Wii

Edited by LostOverThere

I highly fucking doubt Zelda will be out anywhere this year.

But oooh pictures!

I didn't realize there were any of you guys left. I thought natural selection took you all...

I really do want to celebrate and do a victory dance over the (speculated) triumph of Nintendo in 2010 but...

Don't know about you guys, when I get burnt a few times, common sense kicks in and tells me to stay the F away.

But it's probably mainly just personal taste; I feel like I'm just growing away from Nibtendo games, but I also think Ninty can

do a lot more in the imagination department. Do SOMETHING with Starfox, do SOMETHING with Pokemon... You know? Just do something unpredictably awesome for once.

As of 2009, I consider myself 'out' of being a Wii fan, you can only play Galaxy and co so many times... But twenty-ten has a nice ring to it... Who knows.

Edited by King_V

Having worked at SquEx for a year and studied Japanese for two, I am a bit game racist. :heh: Probably why I really don't care for FFXIII.

Plus, I think at the moment better games are coming from Western developers.

Although I only minimally enjoyed the first Red Steel, I am really looking forward to its sequel. Saying that, it doesn't seem to have that much in common with the first game.

No More Heroes 2. Fuck yeaaaah.

Monster Hunter 3 will be the only thing in the Wii for moooooooooooooooooooooooonths to come when it's out, looking forward to kicking some monsters ass eh H-O-T? :D

He could well have meant the game Sadness seeing as that has been in and out of development hell since its inception (but probably not :p).

Would have to disagree about 2009 being a great year for the Wii, or perhaps I'm just not 'connecting' with those games anymore and TBF there isn't really a whole lot planned for 2010 that excites me, I'm not even hyped for Galaxy 2.

That being said, Fragile, MH3, NHM2 and Arc Rise Fantasia are titles that I am keeping my eye on, so if even two of those deliver it'll be an improvement on 2009.

I can't wait for Sonic and Sega all stars racing and obviously Super Mario Galaxy 2!

Thats just sad. :( What's wrong with you Piggy?

I started a second playthrough (third if you factor in the Luigi run) on the prequel a couple of months back and got really bored with it before even getting midway through it.

I thought a couple of years away from it would have rekindled the magic but it didn't, which was really unusual for a Mario game, so I can't say that I'm in a rush for the sequel.

Admittedly, a sad state of affairs.

I feel exactly like Pigmarcher. It feels like. Like being with a fairly hot chick but not being up for the job, even though the desire is there.

But yet i'm continuously playing my pc games as normal.

It seems only Zelda is all I'm looking forward to. Not so sure about MH3 seeing as it's not as seemless as I hoped. Pikmin 3s lack of showing has just put me off it, especially after playing 2 on wii and not exactly digging the wii remote control.

Just don't know anymore. Tho oddly enough, I thought that Pokemon wii ware game was great!

French retailers have list down these games as Endless Ocean 2 for February and Sin & Punishment 2 for April and SMG2 for August 27th.

He could well have meant the game Sadness seeing as that has been in and out of development hell since its inception (but probably not :p).

That's exactly what I meant.

Just a rumor at the moment, but Endless Ocean in February Sin and Punishment is out April and Mario Galaxy 2 in August.

Source

Sign in to follow this