NEurope
Retro_Link

PilotWings Resort

Haha, can you imagine not having seen the show and waking up to the N-europe site:laughing:

Not played a Pilotwings game before, so I can't wait to give this a shot.

Haha, can you imagine not having seen the show and waking up to the N-europe site:laughing:

We're not even half-way through it all.

The 3DS really does have some umph about it, looks great.

I've allways wanted a new Pilotwings.

Let's just hope that it contains as many missions as PW 64. After all, that game was called "nothing more than a graphical demonstration" when it came out. This shouldn't be worse!

Wow. The 3DS is a powerhouse. And God I love Pilotwings.

Also loving how this is woohoo island (or wuhu however it was spelled in wii sports resort/fit).

Brilliant! This will be a must have for me, love pilot wings so much.

I think I was one of the few that wasn't impressed with Pilotwings 64 much, but this looks fantastic, can't wait.

Wow.

RedShell is going to love this.

And then some. :D

Yeah, this looks sweet.

I was starting to give up on the possibility of Pilotwings making a return on Wii, it never even crossed my mind that they'd make it for 3DS instead! :o

Having heard about how the 3D effect helps so much with the perception of depth and height though, it's clear that this is going to be a perfect fit.

Can't wait! :bouncy:

Hmm... this is pretty disspointing actually, because although there will be all types of challenges... I've already flown all around this island!

Hmm... this is pretty disspointing actually, because although there will be all types of challenges... I've already flown all around this island!

Were we expecting anything else from this? Perhaps we'll see some new resorts also - hopefully...

Were we expecting anything else from this?
No perhaps not, but with those new screens it has suddenly hit me just how similar it's going to be and especially with the island in the logo... perhaps suggesting that it will just be this one island.

Still I suppose if you can fly using the motion sensors inside the 3DS and other such fun features it could be alright. I just hope there isn't a mode where your asked to find the exact same 100 balloons again, as enjoyable as it was the first time!

Ah those screens look awesome :D Is this going to be a launch game?

I loved Pilotwings 64, still do. Apart from the graphics it has aged really quite well, especially for a launch game.

The build I played in July was really impressive, just a bit limited since you're confined to the island (and a time limit). You can still do things like flying through the volcano though. :D

It would be nice if you could fly around the island through different seasons so that we can experience it covered in snow or in the some autumn rain! You'd have things like fireworks going off on a Halloween night which would burst into rings that you would have to fly through before they disappear.. or having to fly down low in the winter to take a perfect snap of a snowman built by some Mii characters on your hang glider :hehe:

I'm really looking forward to Pilotwings Resort regardless, though.. it should be great fun :grin:

Does anyone else on here prefer Pilotwings on the SNES to the N64 version?

It would be nice if you could fly around the island through different seasons so that we can experience it covered in snow or in the some autumn rain! You'd have things like fireworks going off on a Halloween night which would burst into rings that you would have to fly through before they disappear.. or having to fly down low in the winter to take a perfect snap of a snowman built by some Mii characters on your hang glider :hehe:

I'm really looking forward to Pilotwings Resort regardless, though.. it should be great fun :grin:

Some great ideas!

Though with Nintendo you often feel they're lazy when it comes to realising potential.

They could have had additional/seasonal downloads for Mii's, or downloadable additional content for Wii Sports/Resort. Or sod downloadable stuff, how about just some differing weather conditions etc... But no, of late they just seem content to put out the basics and leave it at that.

I'd like to think things will change with the 3DS, but we say this everytime. Years later and the Wii's internet service is really no better or more advanced, so we shall see.

Though with Nintendo you often feel they're lazy when it comes to realising potential.

They could have had additional/seasonal downloads for Mii's, or downloadable additional content for Wii Sports/Resort. Or sod downloadable stuff, how about just some differing weather conditions etc... But no, of late they just seem content to put out the basics and leave it at that.

All of that stuff is in Animal Crossing though. That kind of of thing is what Animal Crossing has always been about. The idea of new content all year round was in the original, preceding this generation by years.

All of that stuff is in Animal Crossing though. That kind of of thing is what Animal Crossing has always been about. The idea of new content all year round was in the original, preceding this generation by years.
Well yeah exactly... if it's such an old concept, then why aren't Nintendo applying it to other games two generations on, when it's all far easier to do?

I think it's just the Nintendo philosophy. They've seemed to make it very clear that they'll only do online things if it doesn't lose money (and they can offer it for free, for the moment, at least). You can hardly blame them for having a... erm... 'commercially efficient' online infrastructure. Sony and Microsoft can afford to have money-losing online services because most of their profits come from outside gaming. Nintendo won't do anything with online unless it stays in the black.

So the Animal Crossing DLC stuff is likely to just stay with Animal Crossing, because it's a streamlined way of offering that sort of thing to the consumer - it's free to them and inexpensive to Nintendo. Offering a similar sort of thing across many games isn't commercially viable yet. You'd think it's far easier to do now, but I'm fairly certain it isn't.

I'm not asking them for an equivalent of PSN or LIVE, but you get Wii System updates every so often, where would the harm be in occasionally sending through a winter wardrobe for the Mii's... with absolutely no effort on the consumers behalf, and a nice little surprise every now and again!

Or in the case of Wii Sports Resort, they could have just included seasons from the start! It's all a little too lazy if you ask me!

I thought when Nintendo first announced the Wii, the blue console light was supposed to indicate little 'presents' like these.