NEurope
Rummy

What's good for XBL?

So, it seems I've finally got a cheap wireless fix for my 360, and I've noticed that MS currently have an offer of 3 months of Live for £7.50, which is something I am might tempted by. However, as I contemplate purchasing such goodness, I sort of come to realise that...I don't have anything spectacularly amazing for live! What's some good stuff that people still play on Live? I've never really used the service and so I don't know how good it is for finding people to play with in games etc.

Obvious answer I realise is Modern Warfare, which I've never played but will be purchasing once I get in from work tonight. But yeah, what else? Also, other than aforementioned £7.50 for 3 months, what's the cheapest people have managed to get subs for?

What games you got already? The Left 4 Dead games are great fun with mates, and currently I do believe Red Dead Redemption is quite popular online. Borderlands is good fun, too -- but I pretty much exclusively play MW2...

Matchmaking on XBL is usually alright. You don't have to faff about, though it depends on most games, as there's usually a quickmatch option. Check your friend's list and if they're online you can see what they're playing and sometimes join their game - otherwise you can invite them to join yours, or your party where you can chat to 'em and that.

I can't remember how much I paid for a year's subscription, I'm afraid! Parp.

Burnout: Paradise is exceptional online. I've heard it called a 'Social Networking' game, sort of like facebook with racing. Which isn't far from the truth.

Burnout: Paradise is exceptional online. I've heard it called a 'Social Networking' game, sort of like facebook with racing. Which isn't far from the truth.

Working together with seven other people to do challenges, while still competing to get the highest store is a great experience. I'm not too sure how busy the servers are now, though.

Red Dead is popular online, you can get anything between 6 and 16 online at a time per room. GoW 2 is still going strong as well, mind you.

Actually a game I was well considering getting recently. Going to purchase that and MW2 regardless.

I've always been a local multiplayer kinda guy, not much for the online. Generally...because my friends have different consoles/different games/brawling's best in a room with people.

Anyone got the Perfect Dark remake? Know how popular that is for multiplayer? Cos I bought that last week too, and reckon I'd spend some time on that, if I'm not hopelessly addicted to MW2(a guy at work insists I will be).

It was quite popular at the start, with noobs who'd not played the original so they were shite, but in all honesty it's aged severely and just ain't too great anymore...

Not many go on it now-a-days, there are a few people who play per session so you won't be short of gamers. I havn't been on PD for a while.

Perfect Dark simply doesn't work with matchmaking. It's amazing with a group of friends, though.

Actually a game I was well considering getting recently. Going to purchase that and MW2 regardless.

You can get Burnout Paradise: Ultimate Box for £11 in HMVs sale at the moment. I snapped it up on Saturday myself.

Also, other than aforementioned £7.50 for 3 months, what's the cheapest people have managed to get subs for?

You best bet is buying 12/13 month codes online. You can easily find them for around £25-30 from websites like Maximus Cards; can't vouch for them myself, just seen other people recommend them.

You best bet is buying 12/13 month codes online. You can easily find them for around £25-30 from websites like Maximus Cards; can't vouch for them myself, just seen other people recommend them.

I've used them before and got the code instantly. Using Google Checkout/PayPal is the best option.

Cheers for all the feedback guys, managed to snap up a sneaky little deal of the WEP(ie controller, trivial pursuit and paradise ultimate box) for like £30. Considering my mate's had my wireless controller for about a year and I've offered him it for £20, I've got Paradise for a bargain tenner. Hopefully people are still playing it. Also got MW2 on the way for £17 delivered from an ebay buy it now. Should be down with the Live in a few weeks(pushed the date back for a bit), might end up getting a year's worth just for the sense of money if their offers off by then.

It makes sense. You may be able to get 12 months of Gold from GAME for £29.99 if bought with anything else in store..it's meant to be when bought with a 360 console but we have it displayed as with anything. Depends on the store/manager. Give it a try!

Also: Super Street Fighter 4. :D