NEurope
flameboy

Extra Life 24 hour gamathon 16th October, Watch Us, Join Us, Play Online, SPONSOR US!

Please! So here

Have you ever been to a NICU?.

NICU stands for Neonatal Intensive Care Unit, and to seriously over-simplify things it’s where babies go when they are born WAY WAY too early. They use pieces of equpiment called Isolettes and Jet Ventilators to save the tiniest of people every day.

Pull out your cell phone and look at it. We are talking about babies the size of your cell phone.

Now in many towns, if you were to look closely at the equipment inside these NICU’s you would be very likely to find stickers and placards that say “Proviided by Children’s Miracle Network.”

That means, that it was provided by people like you.

Your efforts will have a specific and measurable outcome in your hometown. The equipment is only the first part. The real outcome of your hard work for Extra Life is measured in ways many of us take for granted: Milestones like going home… first steps…

birthdays… getting a first tooth… the first day of school… graduation.

It’s so easy to focus on the short term when working on a project like Extra Life. Though inspiring on its own, when considered with what really happens when you make the decision to really help others… well it’s life changing.

This week, as you make the final push towards our 3rd annual Extra Life Marathon, think about the kids in your life for whom you are thankful. Whether they are your own sons and daughters, a niece or nephew, a younger brother or sister. Think about the lengths

you’d go to for them. To help THEM out. Then, just for this week, let another child take their place. A kid who really DOES need the help.

You’re raising money for your local Children’s Miracle Network Hospital, and if you haven’t already done so, I would encourage each of you to follow this link and learn more about this amazing organization. You’ll find a lot of information, videos, and stories….

right here.

https://www.hospitalshelpingkids.org/CKCProd/bmct.aspx?id=3812da1377494befa65b0871250ddb9e

Have a fantastic, successful, and meaningful week friends. A lot of families, doctors, nurses, and kids are cheering for you.

Sincerely,

Doc

For more info check out their website:

https://www.hospitalshelpingkids.org/ExtraLife/

So thats a little bit from the organizers of the event. Here are our pages for sponsoring each of us as well as our team page:

team page:

https://www.hospitalshelpingkids.org/ExtraLife/team.aspx?id=8EEA%205%20F

flameboy:

https://www.hospitalshelpingkids.org/ExtraLife/m.aspx?i=19735445FBCC69DA6

goafer:

https://www.hospitalshelpingkids.org/ExtraLife/m.aspx?i=19778156C818DA0AC

happenstance:

https://www.hospitalshelpingkids.org/ExtraLife/m.aspx?i=1978690EB+1+D2123

mike1988uk:

https://www.hospitalshelpingkids.org/ExtraLife/m.aspx?i=2068066B2C6C966E2

Also please join us online for many games there is a thread here for meeting up for that which Mike set up for us:

http://www.n-europe.com/forum/showthread.php?t=28419

Finally you will be able to watch us and join in online via the chat on here:

Some of the events we have planned are: Wii Sports Resort Decathalon (Mike VS Adam, loser sponsors the winner) Sonic Speed Run contest, various game playthroughs and much much more...

PLUS if we hit our $384 target I will play Just Dance for the last hour and embarass myself a ton, so please please sponsor us to see that rare little treat lol!

One very last thing if your in the area (north yorkshire) and want to join us for the whole 24 hours or even part of it hit me up on the PM.

SO PLEASE SPONSOR EVEN IF ITS JUST £1,$1 etc...it all makes a real difference.

Edited by flameboy

Some of the events we have planned are: Wii Sports Resort Decathalon (Mike VS Adam, loser sponsors the winner) Sonic Speed Run contest, various game playthroughs and much much more...

You may as well have put you will be sponsoring me! lol.

You may as well have put you will be sponsoring me! lol.

no way! I am winning the wii sports decathalon even though I've hardly played it!

no way! I am winning the wii sports decathalon even though I've hardly played it!

Ive hardly played it either so should be a even contest!!!

I'll need all the Minecraft guys to join me on the server at some points during the 24 hours as well. To be honest I could probably do the entire 24 hours on that game alone!

I made a wee donation... I made it to Luke because he had none =P

Good luck guys, i'm sure you'll enjoy it :)

I made a wee donation... I made it to Luke because he had none =P

Good luck guys, i'm sure you'll enjoy it :)

thank you raining for our first N-E community donation :) very happy you've made my day!

Thank you Raining! You've made at least 3 people (almost certainly 4) very happy!

Thank you Raining! You've made at least 3 people (almost certainly 4) very happy!

Think of the kids....they will all be happy :grin::grin::grin::grin::grin:

So who is joining us for what games then? Anyone got any requests?

I'll need to get updates for whatever games we decide to play, so let me know in advance!

So who is joining us for what games then? Anyone got any requests?

I'll need to get updates for whatever games we decide to play, so let me know in advance!

I think cookyman said he would join us for some PS3 at some point, also Mad Dog as well dunno what they wanna play though!

Im betting a lot of my Minecraft playing during the 24 hours will be between Midnight and 8am, those are gonna be the difficult hours and Minecraft keeps my attention more than any other game.

donated what I could (only small, sorry) on Flameboys page, good luck all.. I'll be checking the webcast on the day.

Sidenote: If anyone of ye are planning to play Monster Hunter 3 at some point let me know and I'll join ye online :wink:

Edited by Mokong

Shout out and thanks for mokong/franklin for his donation this afternoon very grateful! :)

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab

EDIT:

Thanks again Franklin I only just realised you'd actually posted before me.

Edited by flameboy

Lol, no problem... so will any of ye be playing Monster Hunter 3 during this marathon?

Lol, no problem... so will any of ye be playing Monster Hunter 3 during this marathon?

That's on the Wii isn't it? I don't have it/a Wii so I won't be.

Multiplayer games I'll almost definitely be playing:

Phantasy Star Portable 2 (PSP)

WoW (PC. Eonar server. If I can get the 5gb of updates in time)

Minecraft (PC. Might stick to getting my big project done on single player though. Will pop into the NE server occasionally)

Alien Swarm (PC/Steam)

Some games I could play if someone want me to. Most of these will need updating though, since I haven't played any of them in ages. I'll see how many I can get updated in time. All PS3:

MAG

Warhawk

Borderlands

Skate 3

Red Dead Redemption

Split/Second

Not sure how well Flameboy's internet will cope with the shooters though. We are streaming the whole thing on webcam, so I don't really want to play too many games that will need a decent connection.

Edited by Goafer

I do have a wii but don't own that game... sorry!

I don't have it either I'm afraid :( As you've sponsored me am keen to meet up with you at some point?! So what other online games you got?!

That's on the Wii isn't it? I don't have it/a Wii so I won't be.

Multiplayer games I'll almost definitely be playing:

Phantasy Star Portable 2 (PSP)

WoW (PC. Eonar server. If I can get the 5gb of updates in time)

Minecraft (PC. Might stick to getting my big project done on single player though. Will pop into the NE server occasionally)

Alien Swarm (PC/Steam)

Some games I could play if someone want me to. Most of these will need updating though, since I haven't played any of them in ages. I'll see how many I can get updated in time. All PS3:

MAG

Warhawk

Borderlands

Skate 3

Red Dead Redemption

Split/Second

Not sure how well Flameboy's internet will cope with the shooters though. We are streaming the whole thing on webcam, so I don't really want to play too many games that will need a decent connection.

I've got pretty speed internet...like I've said I'm gonna run the laptop wired rather than wireless...I'm pretty sure my connection will hold up used to with my girlfriend streaming TV on her laptop my laptop doing whatever and me playing online on PS3. I don't think I'm gonna play many online games tbh except when we are meeting up with people for that purpose. I've added all the games I plan on playing to my backloggery currently playing and here is the list only thing its missing is Dead Rising 2 which I'm gonna order on shopto tomorrow:

backlog.jpg

So as you can see quite a mix of games....theres stuff I've started and not finished, stuff I havn't given enought time to (SSFIV) things I've just found (Pokemon Blue despite never having owned a Pokemon game!) stuff to keep me going through the cold dark night (football manager) and stuff to beat Mike at (wii sports resort)

well the money keeps trickling in many thanks to those who have donated thus far. We are currently at $297.50 and our target is $384 so please keep sponsoring us!!! Links are in the first post.