NEurope
Hamishmash

My Fake Pokémon Bring All the Nerds 2 the Yard & They're Like "Its Better than Ninty"

w1sdvk.jpg

THE OFFICIAL BLOG FOR THIS PROJECT, AND THE FIRST PLACE TO FIND THE NEW POKEMON IS:

http://urionpokedex.tumblr.com/

So I started designing Fakemon and I'll be using this topic to post them. Be sure to comment and say which ones you like or might chose! I'll be post (at the very least) one set a week but I'm hoping for more than that at the moment.

So...

POKEMON - TIME & SPACE Versions

(I'm sure it's been done - but what hasn't?)

CHARACTERS

The Trainers

Professor Redwood

Professor Oak

REGION

Urion (Based on Europe, including the British Isles. All the towns are named after the famous painters and artists of Europe, each one attached to their country.)

URION MAP

GYM LEADERS

1 - Tutu

2 - Crush

3 - Rupert

4 - Cindy

5 -

6 -

7 -

8 -

ELITE FOUR -

CHAMPION -

POKEDEX

special thanks to ReZourceman for the thumnails!

001Mowhog.jpg002Fernunk.jpg003Boarhawk.jpg

004Magmoth.jpg 005Buzzurn.jpg006Buganaut.jpg

007Bobard.jpg008Billard.jpg009Umbrillard.jpg

010Clukoon.jpg 011Clukhen.jpg 012Roosterix.jpg

013Wererin.jpg 014Howlin.jpg

015Toboo.jpg 016Kreepo.jpg 017Lampoon.jpg

018Gnomite.jpg

019Shwimp.jpg 020Ebirath.jpg

021Bombara.jpg

022Pobearian.jpg

023Damsette.jpg

024Willowoe.jpg 025Wickerwoe.jpg

026Craniape.jpg 027Cerebrilla.jpg

028Kidcano.jpg 029Capricash.jpg 030Flarmia.jpg

031Teslapod.jpg 032Molcowod.jpg

033Kalgae.jpg

034Kalectroid.jpg

035Dyva.jpg

036Ambush.jpg 037Treetank.jpg 038Canonforna.jpg

Edited by Hamishmash
Automerged Doublepost

039Pierces.jpg

040Grull.jpg 041Poigeon.jpg

042Predox.jpg

043Harlefinn.jpg 044Swiminfool.jpg

045Femury.jpg

046Opakipako.jpg

047Villaine.jpg

048Bodowl.jpg

049Dunsprise.jpg

050Ratwire.jpg 051Ratiktok.jpg

052Poltorb.jpg 053Tablogeist.jpg

054Workshark.jpg 055Malletdon.jpg

056Jekyllig.jpg 057Gineehyde.jpg

058ROtato.jpg 059Tombie.jpg 060Scrumbie.jpg

061Maraket.jpg 062Marattler.jpg

063Pepiata.jpg 064Polokia.jpg

065Kwala.jpg 066Kwalalaut.jpg 067Kwalord.jpg

068Penigmo.jpg 069Snorkuit.jpg

070Wiviron.jpg

071Speclion.jpg

072Qwilmace.jpg

073Swatheart.jpg

074Yoho.jpg075Shivame.jpg

076Kormit.jpg077Astromit.jpg

078Cug.jpg079Cuging.jpg

080Teroralgar.jpg

081Coughy.jpg082Stalemite.jpg

083gARGLE.jpg084Grotesk.jpg

----

Loves it. I'd talk about the water started being similar visually to previous starters, but I love umbrellas.

Roosterix is my fave.

----

SPUNE

Are you at Kingston University? And if so, where do you live/where do you study?

Edited by Paj!

Fantastic, I wouldn't mind seeing you making the next pokemon game.

I want a wolf pokemon though. None of the bajillions of pokemon appeal to my wolf loving side.

They look very nice. I like them. :)

/Pointless post

Edit: Since this post is already pointless... I was clicking through tumblrs at random not too long ago and somehow I stumbled across yours. It took me a while to realize where I recognized you from.

Anyway, I just thought it was funny how small the internet is sometimes.

/Even more pointless post

Edited by Magnus

That is awesome...great job, man :)

I'd def go with Buganaut, nice design and colours...love the combination of FIRE / BUG as well! Umbrillard's pretty funny too :D

With Bourhawk, it feels like there's something missing...maybe it's the colour scheme, much duller and less bright than with the two previous spunksters. Still, I do like Mowhog, great name, and Fernunk, nice pose :D

Those are indeed awesome, love the style :)

Buzzurn reminds me of a Move remote and Clucken/Roosterix reminds me of that assistant of Doctor Robotnix in the old Sonic cartoons.

Loves it. I'd talk about the water started being similar visually to previous starters, but I love umbrellas.

Roosterix is my fave.

--

SPUNE

Are you at Kingston University? And if so, where do you live/where do you study?

I'm at Clayhill, studying Animation & Illustration at Knights Park campus.

I want a wolf pokemon though. None of the bajillions of pokemon appeal to my wolf loving side.

That's a good idea. I think a wolf Pokemon might be my next one. :)

They look very nice. I like them. :)

/Pointless post

Edit: Since this post is already pointless... I was clicking through tumblrs at random not too long ago and somehow I stumbled across yours. It took me a while to realize where I recognized you from.

Anyway, I just thought it was funny how small the internet is sometimes.

/Even more pointless post

Well more and more people are getting Tumblrs. I've got two though, my art blog which is in my sig, and my "reblog anything I like - usually Pokemon, Doctor Who and pretty men" blog.

That is awesome...great job, man :)

I'd def go with Buganaut, nice design and colours...love the combination of FIRE / BUG as well! Umbrillard's pretty funny too :D

With Bourhawk, it feels like there's something missing...maybe it's the colour scheme, much duller and less bright than with the two previous spunksters. Still, I do like Mowhog, great name, and Fernunk, nice pose :D

I know exactly what you mean. I might give him Mowhog's colour scheme. At the moment he just looks like a grass Typhlosion (Cydiquil's final evolution... was that right?)

Those are indeed awesome, love the style :)

Buzzurn reminds me of a Move remote and Clucken/Roosterix reminds me of that assistant of Doctor Robotnix in the old Sonic cartoons.

Ha ha ha! Very accurate comparisons.

More Pokemon tomorrow!

Those are certainly oozing with way more personality than the last few generations.

These are absolutely brilliant.

A lot of thought has gone into them and they look great! :grin:

I'm at Clayhill, studying Animation & Illustration at Knights Park campus.

I'm stunned! I'm at Seething Wells halls...doing Filmmaking at Knights Park. I know a few peeps who do Illustration.

Do you have facebook? I need to add you/see mutual friends and be floored.

P.S I find Clayhill to be rapey.

Look below!

These are absolutely brilliant.

A lot of thought has gone into them and they look great! :grin:

Thanks a lot. :)

I'm stunned! I'm at Seething Wells halls...doing Filmmaking at Knights Park. I know a few peeps who do Illustration.

Do you have facebook? I need to add you/see mutual friends and be floored.

P.S I find Clayhill to be rapey.

Yes I do. I'll send you a PM.

013_wererin___014_howlin_by_spune-d37xlg7.png

http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2011/024/4/4/013_wererin___014_howlin_by_spune-d37xlg7.png

013 Wererin

The Wolf Pokemon

Normal

"These Pokemon can be heard in the forest at night, howling to each other from great distances. They base their hunting routines on the Moon cycles."

014 Howlin

The Wolf Pokemon

Normal

"Howlin are rarely seen, as they slink around through the forest at night. If you DO see it, chances are you'll be in it's stomach a few seconds afterwards."

Look below!

Thanks a lot. :)

Yes I do. I'll send you a PM.

013_wererin___014_howlin_by_spune-d37xlg7.png

http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2011/024/4/4/013_wererin___014_howlin_by_spune-d37xlg7.png

013 Wererin

The Wolf Pokemon

Normal

"These Pokemon can be heard in the forest at night, howling to each other from great distances. They base their hunting routines on the Moon cycles."

014 Howlin

The Wolf Pokemon

Normal

"Howlin are rarely seen, as they slink around through the forest at night. If you DO see it, chances are you'll be in it's stomach a few seconds afterwards."

:bouncy: OM EM GEE SQUEEEK!

Oh these are marvellous - I'm particularly fond of the Mowhog, Sonic has given hedgehogs a bad name if you ask me. :heh:

I think they look really good. My only criticism is that the first three look too individualistic (as in you can easily tell that they're one person's style ie. yours). For that reason I don't think they look like authentic pokemon. However I could totally see the others in a game.

I think they look really good. My only criticism is that the first three look too individualistic (as in you can easily tell that they're one person's style ie. yours). For that reason I don't think they look like authentic pokemon. However I could totally see the others in a game.

I decided right at the start when I decided "hmm, I wanna design my own Pokemon" that I would draw them in my own style rather than the Pokemon style. This is just because I'm still trying to work out my own style (studying Illustration right now) so I thought trying to do Pokemon style would be a bit detrimental.

But I do know totally what you mean and agree with you. :) I'd obviously draw them again if I was designing a REAL Pokemon game.

I'm also working on a Victorian, horror/comedy webcomic (naow.carbonmade.com) and a few other projects on top of my Uni work. So this is just a nice relaxing thing I do to unwind. :)

I'm so ready for you to draw some existing Pokemon in your own style, just to see the worlds collide.

Cluckoon is the winnar for me. I'd forever hold B when he tried to evolve!

Do you take requests? I wanna see a TORTOISéMON!

How does the Cluken/Roosterix thing work? It says when you train it at night/day but what if you train it at both times? Would it depend on when it levelled?

How does the Cluken/Roosterix thing work? It says when you train it at night/day but what if you train it at both times? Would it depend on when it levelled?

I'm guessing it would be when it reached the level at which it evolves, whether it was day or night at that moment would determine the outcome.

Kinda like Umbreon and Espeon I suppose.

These are awesome by the way!