NEurope
Daft

Movie Poster Contest

The Game - Redesign/design a film poster for a film or an imaginary pre/sequel. Whoever chooses the film picks the winner, the winner then chooses the next film (preferably illustrated with an example).

This is pretty much Rez's idea so we'll start with his choice - Dancer in the Dark 2.

My example (which I copied pretty heavily from Rez because this thread didn't exist),

5691420006_3fefd16f08_b.jpg

And Rez's entry.

223374_10150576612280581_509970580_18450258_1449535_n.jpg

Photoshop skillz are a plus but NOT essential.

Go go go people!! Maybe we can all help to improve our Photoshop/Illustrator skills at the same time.

Winner's table

Name - (Wins - 2, Runner up - 1)

Daft - 10

Rez - 7

Cube - 5

Mr Odwin - 3

Paj - 3

Goafer - 2

weeyellowbloke - 2

Ashley - 1

MoogleViper - 1

The Peeps - 1

ROUND 2

Edited by Daft

I love, since this is my favourite thing, but I hate not having a tablet. / tru photoshop skillz / photoshop.

I have GIMP. *crai*

I think it's cool as long as we get the gist. (You could maybe send me a mock up and I could do the Photoshop for you, maybe? If you really want.)

Can't you just 'acquire' Photoshop.

Also, I asked Dan to move this to the KNEE playground. I think it makes more sense there since this is more fun than serious (Although the slicker the better).

Sweet, threads been moved.

Common peeps!! Any more entries?! You can use MSPaint if you really want. The more joyous the better!

I'm going to pick a winner tomorrow.

It's a great concept, but I'm blank.

Don't give up that easily! Meditate on it!!

Also, this thread lives or dies by it's contributions and I think it could be a lot of fun. :D

dancerdark.jpg

Not going to lie, I lolled. :heh:

Having never seen the film, I don't know the first thing to put on it.

Having never seen the film, I don't know the first thing to put on it.

It couldn't be a more depressing film. Use that as a starting point. Actually it could, she didn't get raped. If she had of gotten raped it would have been worse.

I cant help but laugh at ReZ's version, the font makes it look like it'll be a Terminator movie

Its a horror/revenge genre really, but definitely closer to Terminator than the original. It is a definite departure for the series.

Are they supposed to be humourous or serious? Or can it go either way?

I've also yet to see Dancer in the dark (eventhough it's been on on TV plenty times I think.. But I don't think I'm a Dogma kind of guy), so I also don't know what to do with it.. It doesn't seem like a film that should have a sequel, but again, I haven't seen it.

Perhaps this thread benefits from doing away with the contest style a lá captions thread, and just make it a free for all where people can re-imagine posters from existing films or make posts for hypothetical sequels (and either humourous or serious), kind of like a thread I believe ReZ created in the General forum, but about imaginary films. Just a suggestion. As a contest, it requires more effort from its participants than say the captions thread, resulting in less participants (but Gimp is up to the task Paj).

I want to draw one! I wish I was dead.

Yeah, I originally was gonna do a joke poster making it look like a rom-com, then that fizzled away, leaving me with this non-event.

bjorkish_bauer_01.jpg

I've got to say, I'm really impressed with all the entries.

Already mention Odwin's made me lol.

The Peeps had a great idea, could have done a little more with it maybe - I enjoyed its minimalism, though.

Runner up - Paj's was pretty stunning. I did like that the poster seemed to juxtapose the tone of the film. Makes it seem magical which was pretty much her outlook on the world.

(Although, you two, was meant to be a sequel. (but whatevs tbh))

WINRAR - I'm going to have to award this one to Rez. He came at it from a completely different angle. The choice of image was perfect. Could tidy up with the tag line font but that '2' is very action movie and, in conjunction with everything else, sets the perfect tone to quite an amusing idea for a follow up (May it never happen :heh: ).

223374_10150576612280581_509970580_18450258_1449535_n.jpg

WINNRAR!!!

Great job everyone!

Are they supposed to be humourous or serious? Or can it go either way?

It can be serious, funny, minimalist, conceptual - whatever. It's just a bit of fun.

The reason why it's a contest type structure is just so we can common themes and its a way of keeping the thread going.

I might keep a winners tally.

Edited by Daft

OKAY, THE NEXT MOVIE IS ......

THE GREEN MILE (SEQUEL)*

Preferably sequel, but reimagining, re-done poster, prequel etc all acceptable.

5696128537_4dbc48d7d0_b.jpg

Not sure if it needs some tweaking.

Edited by Daft

Been getting to grips with it ever since I got my new desktop about two months ago now.

Got it with the intention of using Photoshop/illustrator/Premiere Pro 90% of the time and playing games the rest of the time. Honestly, I thought I'd just play games all the time. :heh: Actually, I've barely played games. Just been learning loads of stuff. I've always wanted to but things haven't really worked out until now.

Took me about 3 hours to do that. I'm pretty certain I overcomplicated the whole process. Built the chair up with single shapes. Did the mouse in Illustrator but I suck at it so it looks a bit crud. :hmm: