NEurope
Dante

Project X Zone (Capcom x Sega x Namco Bandai)

Andriasang.com =

The mysterious collaboration between Sega, Namco Bandai and Capcom has been revealed on the pages of Famitsu this week. As many speculated based off recent trademark filings, the 3DS game is titled Project X Zone (pronounced Project Cross Zone).

Project X Zone is a strategy RPG featuring characters from the three makers. According to Sinobi, which gets Famitsu in advance, the characters, in general, team up in pairs for fighting scenes.

Characters are listed here in their pairings:

Capcom

• Ryu & Ken (Street Fighter 0), X and Zero (Mega Man), Demitri and Dante (Darkstalkers and Devil May Cry), Chris and Jill (Resident Evil)

Sega

• Shinguji Sakura and Ogami Ichiro (Sakura Wars), Pai and Akira (Virtua Fighter), Kurt and Riela (Valkyria Chronicles), Ulala and Touma (Space Channel 5 and Shining Force EXA)

Namco Bandai

• Sanger Somvold (Super Robot Wars), Jin and Ling Xiaoyu (Tekken), Kos-Mos and T-elos (Xenosaga), Yurie and Estel (Tales of Vesperia), Kaito and Black Rose (.hack)

*looks at stop watch*

4 minutes? You're not even close to hitting the regional record! Multi-tabs won't be enough, you're going to need MULTIPLE devices to keep up with the stream of information! Gaf on one iPad. Twitter on the other. One device per developer search query on Google News set to refresh every 5 seconds.

Get some performance enhancers in ya. Swing by my lab around noon, we've got a prototype device that will jack straight into your nervous system and your very own thoughts will operate the man-machine interface. No longer will you be tied to the limitations of your finger reflexes and the APM performance of your mechanical keyboard, you will relay news the nanosecond it happens on to the forum and you will gain worldwide fame for doing so.

Aim for the best my boy, you will become the worlds first living RSS feed.

I'd be very surprised if this left Japan. I'm still bitter about the Namco X Capcom RPG that never made it west. That game looked amazing. :(

I was expecting another Fighter but a strategy RPG sounds a whole lot more interesting to me.

Here are some scans:

project_x_zone_sc-1-1.jpg

project_x_zone_sc-2-1.jpg

project_x_zone_sc-3-1.jpg

project_x_zone_sc-4-1.jpg

project_x_zone_sc-5-1.jpg

project_x_zone_sc-6-1.jpg

project_x_zone_sc-7-1.jpg

Those scans look awesome.

Edited by -Dem0-

I can only see Sega or Nintendo themselves releasing this game in Europe seeing as Capcom and Namco don't care about us :\

Not really into RPGs but I'll give it a go since I love Capcom and Sega games. The only Namco series I know are Pac-Man, Tekken, Taiko No Tatsujin and Ridge Racer lol

hmmm looks interesting just hope it gets a PAL release

Very unlikely I think, but at least there's a glimmer of hope in the fact all the characters belong to publishers worldwide compared to other franchise mix-up games where characters have been licensed out. (I'm looking at Jump Super Stars here)

No Sonic?

Exactly what I was thinking... :sad:

While the majority of the characters seem to be more obscure there's still Megaman/Ryu/Ken for the Capcom part who are well-known so I'd of thought Sonic might be in for Sega though they seem to have gone for certain types of characters; for instance each company seems to have characters from distinct genres but Megaman is generally classed as a platformer so that's kind of where the thory falls apart plus Sonic has been in an RPG before made by Bioware no less so it's even more of a mystery.

Also if they were going for relatively obscure characters then I suppose they've done reasonably well with some of them but I'm a little sad to see that they don't have any classic Phantasy Star characters in the Sega roster.

But that aside it is early days so more characters could be revealed and the premise sounds intruiging indeed. :)

A lot of those characters haven't even been on a Nintendo console...

I see Tales of Vesperia faces, people!

Okay, so I forsee two hurdles ahead. One, will this be any good? Two, will it even come out here?

Fuck yeah, I knew it was an SRPG :grin:

Also, I'm pretty sure that's not the final character list. The confirmed characters couldn't fill a Fire Emblem game, much less a crossover.

I can only see Sega or Nintendo themselves releasing this game in Europe seeing as Capcom and Namco don't care about us :\

What, exactly, has Capcom done to warrant that comment? I know they haven't localised AAI2, but that doesn't mean anything.

I mean, yeah, fuck Namco in this regard, but Capcom?

Screenshots and info

- Namco Bandai's Kensuke Tsukanaka, the game's producer, approached Capcom to work on this game, and then brought in SEGA

- Capcom's Tatsuya Kitabayashi said that he and Kazuhiro Tsuchiya are overseeing the project on Capcom's side

- This is a "project that realizes a dream crossover"

- Choosing a name with all three company's names included would have been too long

- Characters have all their familiar moves

- Ulala has a "Tension Blaster" move.

- Character list is not final, and there are more hidden characters as well

- Some of the characters not suited to RPGs will still fight in ways you'd expect them to

- Details on the battle system in a follow-up report

- 50% complete, due out this year in Japan

What, exactly, has Capcom done to warrant that comment? I know they haven't localised AAI2, but that doesn't mean anything.

I mean, yeah, fuck Namco in this regard, but Capcom?

I know they didn't publish Resident Evil Revelations in Europe (hence the typo-free box :P ) and I think SSF4 and RE Mercenaries were also handled by Nintendo

I know they didn't publish Resident Evil Revelations in Europe (hence the typo-free box :P ) and I think SSF4 and RE Mercenaries were also handled by Nintendo

Also the lack of Monster Hunter Portable3/Tri G western release is a kick in the nuts. I'm still expecting Nintendo to show Tri G at E3 though.

Actually, Capcom was the publisher for all those games. Nintendo struck a deal to handle the distribution in certain territories but Capcom was still at the helm of their appearance outside Japan.

And then there's Tatsunoko vs. Capcom, which was hell to release outside of Japan, but Capcom pulled it off anyway.

So yeah, there's no convincing me that Capcom "doesn't care about us".

So yeah, there's no convincing me that Capcom "doesn't care about us".

We Megaman fans have the right to disagree on that. At least if they will never bring back Megaman Legends 3.

Context is important. We're talking about localising games, as f00had said that Capcom doesn't care about releasing games in Europe.

I'm a Megaman fan, too. I'm more disappointed about the cancellation of MM Universe than MML3, even. But those fiascos have nothing to do with localisation issues.

There have been 3 Mega Man collections (regular, X and Zero) that never made it over here so I guess we could get on their back for them.

I thought MMU look pretty weak actually so seeing that get the chop didn't really bother me - I'd prefer them not to release MM games than to release rubbish ones.

And Namco Bandai is guilty of not releasing quite a lot of games despite their plans to improve their standing in Europe - top 5 publisher my backside.

To be honest, I'm a lot less excited about this now I know what it is than before when it could have been anything.