NEurope
darksnowman

NEW! Super Mario Bros. U

0.jpg?cache=83.97410746901823

Like the old Mario games but better. Four players can run through like in NSMB Wii and a fifth can join in with the GamePad to add platforms to help (or hinder?). Some nice looking backgrounds!

Edited by Retro_Link

Game looks gorgeous to be honest. Far more aesthetically pleasing than the NSMB titles to date.

Hard to get excited about more NSMB though.

Game looks gorgeous to be honest. Far more aesthetically pleasing than the NSMB titles to date.

The backgrounds had an almost Skyward Sword feel about them. Very painterly. I like the look of it so far.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a level editor.

I like the little Super Mario World Goombas.

I have nothing else to add.

Is there a HD trailer for this yet? What I assume is the opening world (first and last screenshot) looks fantastic

wiiu_newmariou_3_charxsf9c.jpg

Baby yoshi: "I am so high right now"

wiiu_newmariou_3_scrnrqil5.jpg

love the haunting looking background

Edited by Dante

This seems to be basically Super Mario world merged with New Super Mario Bros Wii.....

And i'm more than okay with this, the game looks incredible and perfect for a nintendo console launch (i'm thinking like the SNES)

wiiu_newmariou_3_charxsf9c.jpg

Baby yoshi: "I am so high right now"

wiiu_newmariou_3_scrnrqil5.jpg

love the haunting looking background

Yeah very nice. Finally a bit of creativity in a 2D Mario game! Shame about the purple water taken straight from NSMBW though that doesn't fit in well at all.

I like the haunted level, but it does feel like Nintendo just goes through books of post-impressionists now to get ideas for game visuals.

Skyward Sword. Oooh, Cezanne! New Mario? Aaahh, Van Gogh!

A safe launch title, quick and easy to make compared to an proper title like Mario Galaxy or Zelda and everyone will still buy a copy at launch.

I like the haunted level, but it does feel like Nintendo just goes through books of post-impressionists now to get ideas for game visuals.

Skyward Sword. Oooh, Cezanne! New Mario? Aaahh, Van Gogh!

And you have a problem with this? :p

MASSIVELY improved over the NSMBMii demo. Lots of new gameplay ideas and the visuals have gotten a nice upgrade.

This looks to be the shit :D Best game of the conference (Pikmin 3's demo was far too short and didn't show enough)

Absolutely stunning graphics. Makes you wonder how Scribblenauts Unlimited has managed to end up looking as shockingly shit as it is.

Absolutely stunning graphics. Makes you wonder how Scribblenauts Unlimited has managed to end up looking as shockingly shit as it is.

Because that has to deal with thousands and thousands of different objects?

Because that has to deal with thousands and thousands of different objects?

I think ReZ may be being sarcastic

I quite enjoyed the Wii version of this, and I must say that this looks pretty tasty.

I'd really love it if Nintendo created more interesting world maps, like in Mario Bros. 3 for example. Make the World Map a level in itself, as such.

Which makes me look less stupid? Because I'll go with whichever one does. Make me look less stupid that is. Although this isn't helping.

I quite enjoyed the Wii version of this, and I must say that this looks pretty tasty.

I'd really love it if Nintendo created more interesting world maps, like in Mario Bros. 3 for example. Make the World Map a level in itself, as such.

Well we saw the overworld map on Sunday...doesn't seem to be a level in itself

wiiuachievement.jpg

I'm clearly in the minority, but I'm not that impressed by this tbh.

I don't think the visuals look that great. Yes the 'World 1' esque level looks pretty nice and much better than any New Super Mario title that's gone before, but the rest I'm not that sold on, and especially the level with the purple water I think looks horrible.

And this screen I think looks a bit of a mess of 2D/3D/Shinyness

14.jpg?cache=39.128317754365106

Think I'll be giving this a miss, unless online multiplayer can really draw me in.

But 2D Mario's not really for me, plus I'm kinda bored of Mario tbh. Think I'd rather spend my money on quite a few other titles.

No but at least it has a Mario World vibe to it, which can only be a good thing.

This looks like a few hours of fun, but hopefully we'll have a hardcore Mario game like Galaxy soon-ish