NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Retro_Link

New Batman Arkham...

Next game in the series somewhat announced:

http://www.gametrailers.com/side-mission/21074/batman-arkham-city-followup-will-be-a-prequel-slightly-more-light-hearted

Batman: Arkham City is a pretty grim game. Batman is racing the clock and fighting both his worst enemies and his worst tendencies. Apparently a prequel is on the way… and going in an entirely different direction.

According to Variety (subscription needed to read the link), the prequel will center around Batman's first meeting with the Joker and be based on the Silver Age comics. For non-DC fans: Think the Batman TV series from the '60s. Also Bats will keep running into various members of the Silver Age Justice League as he hunts the Clown Prince of Crime.

If this sounds awfully familiar, yeah, we think it sounds a bit like Lego Batman 2 ourselves. The idea is to introduce non-DC readers to more of the publisher's roster and have people get used to seeing them outside of comic books.

Still, Rocksteady has delivered two great Batman games offering a mix of clever gameplay and lots of obscure Batman references. And after the surprisingly bleak first two entries in the series, it may not kill Bats to lighten up a little bit.

That said, we still want to know what happened with the Scarecrow after finding his creepy boat in Arkham City. Make it happen, Rocksteady.

Edited by Retro_Link

I dont think it'll be a prequel more of a new Bat game in a different universe. Theres no way the silver age stuff could fit into the world they have created with the Arkham games.

Urgh. I completely hate when Batman isn't it's own franchise and is ruined by the likes of Superman.

Also, I thought Arkham City was Hamill's last Joker role.

Urgh. I completely hate when Batman isn't it's own franchise and is ruined by the likes of Superman.

Lego Batman 2 was god like because of Superman :P

I dont think it will be Hamill, I dont think it'll be Conroy either. If it is indeed the silver age stuff then it should be so serious. I hope we get a confirmation soon, maybe a teaser trailer showing the style we can expect, if its real that is.

Batman makes Superman. Everything he touches automatically becomes awesome.

tumblr_m6qt2kZMBZ1qbls5to1_1280.png

Owned.

Maybe this will help spin off other Justice League character games. I WANT THE FLASH. In fact I suspect they'll be using it as a launch pad for other DC heroes.

Batman makes Superman. Everything he touches automatically becomes awesome.

MYPARENTS.png

As opposed to:

f85.jpg

I rest my case.

I'd personally like the change of vibe that this game would bring about. We don't see many games in that kind of world. Also as part of reintroducing the Justice League and stealth getting them in there amongst the minds of the general populous. If this is the case I'd love for the rest of the heroes to be more playable within the main game like Catwoman rather than limited to challenge rooms.

I still want to see a Batman: Gotham City or something where they criminals finally get let lose on Gotham City and we maybe get a bit more time with Bruce Wayne.

Since the sequel went "bigger" in terms of title at least. I'm going to be very disappointed if a prequel is not called "Arkham House/Mansion".

Failing that it might be a way to explain how they all got caught into Arkham Asylum in the first place.

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2013/02/12/new-batman-arkham-game-coming-this-year

New Batman: Arkham Game Coming This Year

In an investor call, a member of Time Warner management has confirmed that a new game in the Batman: Arkham series will be released this year.

John K Martin is the company's CFO, and you can read the transcript of his comments on Yahoo! Finance. "And we also have a strong games release this year, which will include the next release in the Batman Arkham franchise," he says. "So all in all, we expect Warners to post another very strong year in 2013. And with a little luck, the year should be as good or maybe even a little bit better than 2012."

A third entry in the Arkham series has seemed inevitable for a while, but we've had no firm details on what it is or even who is developing it. Rocksteady had hinted that its next game will not be Batman-based, and Variety claimed that Warner's next Batman game will be a Silver Age prequel featuring members of the Justice League of America - but it also claimed that the game would not be out before 2014.

I definitely think they'll add more [playable] DC character to the game universe, outside of the Batman ones of Nightwing/Robin/Catwoman.

How about a game that isn't about Batman, Warner Bros? How about The Flash or Wonder Woman. Or fucking Superman as he's getting to grips with his powers in a Metropolis captured in one of Braniac's glass bottles. How about an Aquaman game?

HOW ABOUT ANOTHER FUCKING CHARACTER?!

*reads*

And we also have a strong games release this year, which will include the next release in the Batman Arkham franchise.

uZwO3.gif

*Keeps reading*

EDIT - VG247 own sources confirm that Rocksteady Studios is not developing this particular game.

tumblr_m6x8twunGl1qfbsl5o1_400.gif

bAcMF.gif

I'll stay open minded if it is a new dev.

Just finished listening to the Kevin Smith Fatman on Batman podcast with Geoff Johns. Geoff mentions the new Arkham game, he doesn't give any details just tells Kevin he gets to play all these games and that he should really see it.

Cant wait.

Arkham Asylum was his last Joker role too, it's always his last Joker role.

As much as I lovd MGS and Hayters role in that, I would say this is worse since Kevin Conroy is the only legitimate Batman imo. Similar to Mark for Joker, there just the best people to ever take on those roles.

Sign in to follow this