NEurope
Dog-amoto

Star Wars Episode VIII: The Last Jedi (December 2017)

With this being released today, thought it would be a good time for the Episode VIII thread.

Obviously, spoiler tag anything from Episode VII as some people still won't have seen it but it looks like they're filming in the same place that film ended.

Obviously, spoiler tag anything from Episode VII as some people still won't have seen it but it looks like they're filming in the same place that film ended.

If people are coming into a thread for Episode 8 before they've even seen 7 then they are crazy and deserve it if they spoil anything for themselves :heh:

If people are coming into a thread for Episode 8 before they've even seen 7 then they are crazy and deserve it if they spoil anything for themselves :heh:

Yeah anyone who's not seen VII and comes in here is a fool, i for one will not be spoilering that Kylo Ren is Han's son, he Impales and Kills Han in the final act or anything else

Dude, that shit shows up as the latest message in the thread on Tapatalk.

Yes, that's how it spoiled The Walking Dead for me. You don't want to read it, but you actually can't miss it.

You can easily see the thread title before reading any of the post though. Plus spoilers don't work on Tapatalk anyway so either way sucks to be you :heh:

Yeah, it's fully my fault for using Tapatalk; it's shit. But sometimes it's hard not to read the first line by accident as Kounan said. The week after Episode VII came out I stopped using the forums because I couldn't risk it.

Does the forum have a mobile site?

Yeah, it's fully my fault for using Tapatalk; it's shit. But sometimes it's hard not to read the first line by accident as Kounan said. The week after Episode VII came out I stopped using the forums because I couldn't risk it.

I just use Chrome on my phone, all day every day. No issues for me. It's the same as browsing the forums on Ine's macbook.

I used Tapatalk for a while and found it to be too fiddly and annoying to use. I don't really see the benefits of it. Especially if it doesn't allow for spoiler tags! That's an accident waiting to happen.

It does but it's a bit rubbish.

http://www.n-europe.com/forum/index.php?styleid=42

Watch this space for some improvements in that department.

Well there's no info on Episode VIII, what did you expect?

I'm the opposite Flink, I found using Chrome really fiddley, but Tapatalk to be really easy etc. No spoiler tags is irritating though, and something which I thought they would have implemented by now...

SHIT sorry didn't know tapatalk did that, haven't used tapatalk in ages because i found it shit - prefer just finding the site on safari

SO

StarWars

Del Torro eh? and what about those things that might happen and stuff?

You can easily see the thread title before reading any of the post though. Plus spoilers don't work on Tapatalk anyway so either way sucks to be you :heh:

Sadly, Tapatalk shows 3 lines of text and sometimes the spoiler is in the first, or second line, like it was for me with Glenn and TWD.

Because of the way we read it's actually not possible to avoid it.

Sadly, Tapatalk shows 3 lines of text and sometimes the spoiler is in the first, or second line, like it was for me with Glenn and TWD.

That was spoiled for me on Facebook. I think it was one of @Fierce_LiNk's friends that spoiled it for me. Apparently Facebook thought I wanted to see something that he commented on.

I haven't got there yet, but I've manage to avoid a lot of spoilers so far (the last episode I saw was a massive shock). I just know that particular spoiler ahead of time.

Anyway, is Tapatalk compatible with non-standard tags (Miiverse, Twitter, Spoiler)? I wonder if it's even possible to not show the first three lines (if people would prefer that).

Edited by Cube

That was spoiled for me on Facebook. I think it was one of @Fierce_LiNk's friends that spoiled it for me. Apparently Facebook thought I wanted to see something that he commented on.

I haven't got there yet, but I've manage to avoid a lot of spoilers so far (the last episode I saw was a massive shock). I just know that particular spoiler ahead of time.

Anyway, is Tapatalk compatible with non-standard tags (Miiverse, Twitter, Spoiler)? I wonder if it's even possible to not show the first three lines (if people would prefer that).

Sorry about that. I've thought for a long time that Facebook should have spoiler tags as it's a natural thing for friends to want to talk about stuff that they've just seen. After a big episode, the first thing I want to do is talk about it with another fan.

Because of the way we read it's actually not possible to avoid it.

I use Tapatalk and it's very easy to read the larger, bold title of the thread before the smaller, standard weight lines beneath it.

Same. We probably saw the same post. Maybe we should all stalk @Fierce_LiNk less.

Same. We probably saw the same post. Maybe we should all stalk @Fierce_LiNk less.

Ah fuck guys, now I just feel guilt.

*won't talk to friends evarrr again*

*becomes a hermit*

*lives in the mountains*

Sorry about that. I've thought for a long time that Facebook should have spoiler tags as it's a natural thing for friends to want to talk about stuff that they've just seen. After a big episode, the first thing I want to do is talk about it with another fan.

It's hardly your fault at all. It's more that Facebook does strange stuff like showing conversations between a bunch of people when you only know one of them. It wasn't your post, so Facebook should never have shown it to me at all.

It's hardly your fault at all. It's more that Facebook does strange stuff like showing conversations between a bunch of people when you only know one of them. It wasn't your post, so Facebook should never have shown it to me at all.

Oh, that's just weird. Facebook is a bit of a clusterfuck these days. Far too convoluted for it's own good. Not sure how you ended up seeing that, but I still feel bad as I try to be good when it comes to spoilers.

I use Tapatalk and it's very easy to read the larger, bold title of the thread before the smaller, standard weight lines beneath it.

I've opened it and the sentence was literally in front of me. It was the first post on timeline, or what is the other thing it shows (trending?) and boom.

I am not blaming anyone as it was actually marked as spoilers, but sadly Tapatalk doesn't show it that way.

This is why I'm not friends with any of you on Facebook. Can't be risking dem spoilers.

I think the whole Sith vs Jedi dichotomy needs to die so hopefully the title alludes to that. I'm all for good force users versus bad but it's kind of a bit back and white...almost literally.