NEurope
Blade

Nintendo Switch Launch Day

Thought i'd do a new thread...

What are everyones plans for launch day? Are people going to a midnight launch? What games are people buying day one?

I've ordered the following for Day 1...

Nintendo Switch (Amazon)

Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Amazon)

Super Bomberman R (Base)

Switch Charging Grip (Nintendo Online Store)

Switch Pro Controller (Nintendo Online Store)

Switch AC Adapter (Nintendo Online Store)

128 gig San Disk SD Micro (Amazon)

I did have the majority all pre-ordered on Amazon but i've just done some shopping around and decided to preorder some bits elsewhere.

Its all becoming expensive but I have some spare cash now that I have had to cancel my holiday (I am currently recovering from severe cellulitis and septicaemia) and decided to treat myself. I thought why not.

My plans are to wait until the above arrive. I imagine its going to be painful.

I'm also going to download asap:

FAST RMX

Shovel Knight.

My body is ready!! :D :D

Thought i'd do a new thread...

What are everyones plans for launch day? Are people going to a midnight launch? What games are people buying day one?

I've ordered the following for Day 1...

Nintendo Switch (Amazon)

Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Amazon)

Super Bomberman R (Base)

Switch Charging Grip (Nintendo Online Store)

Switch Pro Controller (Nintendo Online Store)

Switch AC Adapter (Nintendo Online Store)

128 gig San Disk SD Micro (Amazon)

I did have the majority all pre-ordered on Amazon but i've just done some shopping around and decided to preorder some bits elsewhere.

Its all becoming expensive but I have some spare cash now that I have had to cancel my holiday (I am currently recovering from severe cellulitis and septicaemia) and decided to treat myself. I thought why not.

My plans are to wait until the above arrive. I imagine its going to be painful.

I'm also going to download asap:

FAST RMX

Shovel Knight.

My body is ready!! :D :D

Jesus sorry to hear what you've been going through Blade. Hope you're on the mend. Sucks about the holiday but if it's going on the Switch then at least you'll get some joy from it!

I've ordered:

Switch Grey Console - ShopTo

Zelda BOTW - ShopTo

Pro Controller - ShopTo

Bomberman R - ShopTo

128GB SD card - carphonewarehouse

SnipperClips will be another purchase but that will be along with the neon joycon bundle whenever it's released.

Quite tempted by the joycon charge dock and a travel case but as you say, the expense is getting crazy. I am going to need a travel case though as loads of work folk want to see it and I'll need something to cart it around in to avoid damaging it.

Should be an exciting Thursday / Friday.

Have no time off for it (might be able to get Friday at a big push) which sucks but I'm sure I can spend some of my weekend getting accustomed to it!

Can't wait. :)

I'm expecting or very much hoping that Nintendo will get me the system well before launch day! I'm only getting Zelda and no extras which I'm perfectly happy with. Zelda is coming from a different place so I'm really hoping they'll both arrive same day!

In a week or so I'll get a memory card and Snipperclips but other than that, I feel no urge to own anything else in a hurry (and that's ok!)

Its all becoming expensive but I have some spare cash now that I have had to cancel my holiday (I am currently recovering from severe cellulitis and septicaemia) and decided to treat myself.
You should really see a doctor instead of treating yourself! Ayyyy (☞゚ヮ゚)☞

I won't be doing the midnight launch, I'll drop the kids off at school on the Friday and then head to GAME (opens at 10:00) and pick up:

Switch

Pro Controller

Zelda

Snipperclips

Shovel Knight

And a case for when I'm travelling.

If I keep the preorder then I'll have

Switch

Pro Controller

Zelda

Zelda Amiibo

I have Friday off work anyway so I'll be home when it arrives. I just need to decide now if I'm going to stick with the preorder or cancel and wait until the end of the year.

I suspect I won't get it on launch day, but I've ordered:

Switch (Grey)

Zelda: Breath of the Wild

I'm going to see what accessories are included, then take it from there. I'm a bit confused, for example, as to whether it comes with an AC adaptor that can be used for the "handheld" as well as the docking station.

I'm also a little bit confused about NNID/Nintendo Account/MyNintendo, but I think I've sorted them all out. I definitely had an NNID for the Wii U and 3DS, and I've definitely completed the MyNintendo tutorial, so I believe I have all three; it's just a bit confusing about usernames and passwords. Guess I'm a bit old for this. :heh:

But I do feel prepared now, and am feeling much more positive. Can't wait to play Zelda!

Friday & Monday booked off to dedicate time for this momentous moment... Truly believe BOTW will have the same effect as OOT.

I've ordered from Shopto:

Grey Switch

BOTW

1-2 Switch

and will be looking at one or two eshop titles.

Since my order is processing now, I would bet I get it on Thursday. :)

I have the day off on the 3rd and preordered:

- Switch Grey (x2 too be sure, 1 for delivery and one to pick up)

- Snipperclips Joy-Con Bundle

- Charging Grip

- Pro Controller

- Big Ben Premium Travel Case

- Pouch for on the go

- BotW

- Zelda amiibo

No SDHC and no charger (yet?), will see if I'll manage without these.

Impatiently awaiting my delivery... Annoyingly enough, I'm actually working on March 3rd, so I'm praying that my console arrives a day early since I have Thursday off.

I've got two Switches coming (one for me and one for my sister - I needed more Joycons and another dock anyway ;)), Zelda BOTW, Super Bomberman R, 1,2,Switch, an official carry case (I don't normally bother with these things, but I'm not carrying this thing around with its exposed screen and protruding analogs, it's just begging to be broken!) and a Pro Controller. Will also get Shovel Knight Treasure Trove, FAST RMX and Snipperclips from the eShop on day 1 too. Not gonna bother with an SD Card until I need it (prices will be cheaper and sizes will be bigger the longer I wait).

There's also a Switch launch thingy hapenning at the Loading bar on Thursday and they're doing a 1,2,Switch tourney there. Might go there with some friends that night to celebrate :)

Feels great to be able to look forward to a new Nintendo console launch. New beginnings and a fresh start is still so exciting even after all this time! :D

Edited by Dcubed

Working Thursday night then heading straight into the city centre to pick up my Switch and Zelda at the midnight launch from GAME.

Got a case, pro controller and 1-2 Switch coming from Amazon on the Friday and will have a look on the e-shop when I tear myself away from Zelda, probably gonna go for I am Setsuna and FAST RMX, but not straight away. I have Friday, Saturday and Sunday off work and I'm as excited as I was for the GameCube launch.

Only 4 days to go...

Working Thursday night then heading straight into the city centre to pick up my Switch and Zelda at the midnight launch from GAME.

Got a case, pro controller and 1-2 Switch coming from Amazon on the Friday and will have a look on the e-shop when I tear myself away from Zelda, probably gonna go for I am Setsuna and FAST RMX, but not straight away. I have Friday, Saturday and Sunday off work and I'm as excited as I was for the GameCube launch.

Only 4 days to go...

Is Setsuna launch now? Definitely will be getting RMX to balance out Zelda.

Is Setsuna launch now? Definitely will be getting RMX to balance out Zelda.

I thought it was always pegged for launch, no?

Ordered at Nintendo UK for everything, but starting to worry as they haven't earmarked money yet and I now question getting it on launch

Switch

Pro Controller

Carry Case

Zelda

5 Zelda amiibo

Super Bomberman R (Download)

Snipperclips (Download)

Of course, the plan is for Zelda all day from when it's delivered...hopefully Thursday

Edited by Serebii

Probably playing Dragon Quest Heroes: Rocket Slime.

This thread feels like a kick in the gut while I'm already down.

Its more like a figure-four leg lock... Tap out and submit!

That's all well and good, but when submission costs 280 quid, I've got no other way.

If you open a new account with Very and use code LA4AC you get £30 off the first order you make that is over £60. You don't have to sign up for that credit bollocks and can pay directly by debit/credit card or paypal.

I was going to get a pro controller and then cancel my one from Nimtendo but decided to order a Switch carry case and Mario Kart 8 Deluxe instead. I paid £35 for both. A really good deal.

So thats a Switch carry case that I will get one day one.

Like I've already posted in the Switch thread:

I've pre-ordered:

- Grey Switch

- Zelda

- Pro controller

- Pouch

But like I've also already posted, I got the e-mail that they actually won't be able to deliver on the 3rd. At this point, I'm only guaranteed to get the pro controller on the 3rd, which won't do me any good. The pouch is imported so I wasn't getting it on the 3rd anyway, though I won't be needing it soon.

The fucking annoying thing is that I only got the notifications a few days after another Dutch retailer opened up pre-orders. If I had known earlier I could've easily secured a Switch somewhere else.

Anyway, my backup plan is to check a local toys retailer. It's a small store, which may be a good thing (I'm the 3rd person to have a reservation there), or it may be a bad thing (they may not even get 3 consoles that day). If that fails, I'll check a few other stores in Rotterdam to see if they have any stock left for sale. Luckily I'm able to check stores when they open Friday. And I'll be making some calls thursday.

If all fails, I'll keep the pre-order I had, and hopefully won't have to wait for too long. The Switch + Zelda bundle cost me € 380,-, which is only a marginal discount, but I most likely won't find it for that price again the coming months. But I'd rather pay the regular retail price if it means getting it day 1 (I'm not paying more than suggested retail price though, I have my principles).

It's incredibly annoying, I was hoping to just be guaranteed to get a package conveniently delivered to my home on launchday, and play on day 1. Never bought any consoles at launch before, and there's only one launchday, so if I miss it, I'll be waiting for another 5 years.

Anyway, apart from the pre-orders, I've decided to make Snipperclips a day 1 digital purchase (whenever day 1 is for me). I wanted to get Shovel Knight day 1 as well, but until now I was under the impression it would get a physical release. Now I'm aware it doesn't (right away at least), I'm not sure if I'll download it day 1 or wait for any news of a physical release.

I also want I am Setsuna, but I'm probably going to wait until I finished Zelda, plus I also may wait for any confirmation on whether the Japanese physical release supports English subitles or not. If it does, I'll most likely import it.

So I ended up going with Amazon for my pre-order. I've got 03-06 booked off work.

Items pre-ordered:

• Grey Switch
  • The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild Limited Edition
  • Hori Switch Tough Case

There were practically no choices with the cases as most of them, even the licensed ones, tended to put something directly above the screen. The Hori one was one of the few which put a flap in front to protect it.

I wish there'd been more games that I wanted but there just wasn't. I'm not going to buy a game just for the sake of it either. So I just picked up Zelda.

I didn't pick up a Pro Controller because I couldn't justify having more controllers than games. I do plan to pick one up eventually though.

Right I've gone for:

Neon Switch (Amazon Prime)

BotW (Amazon Prime)

1 2 Switch (mainly so my daughter will have something to play before MK8 and Splatoon 2 are out - Amazon Prime)

Pro-Contoller (Nintendo UK)

Carry Case + screen saver (Nintendo UK)

Hopefully Snipperclips later

Go day off work, mainly to ensure I'm in for the prompt delivery! Then exciting set up of a new system followed by ZELDA!!!!!

Figured I'd take a break from lurking and post...

I'll likely pick it up along with zelda, unless my bank account disagrees (Just bought another 3ds for no apparent reason). Don't need anything else...

...if only it had rocket league...

I've just ordered a grey console and Zelda from Amazon.

I'll likely to take a stroll in to town on Saturday and see if anything else takes my fancy, I've got quite a few Xbox 1 games to trade in and I'll probably get a pro controller eventually.

I'm really looking forward to this now after skipping the Wii U.

Like I've already posted in the Switch thread:

I've pre-ordered:

- Grey Switch

- Zelda

- Pro controller

- Pouch

But like I've also already posted, I got the e-mail that they actually won't be able to deliver on the 3rd. At this point, I'm only guaranteed to get the pro controller on the 3rd, which won't do me any good. The pouch is imported so I wasn't getting it on the 3rd anyway, though I won't be needing it soon.

The fucking annoying thing is that I only got the notifications a few days after another Dutch retailer opened up pre-orders. If I had known earlier I could've easily secured a Switch somewhere else.

Anyway, my backup plan is to check a local toys retailer. It's a small store, which may be a good thing (I'm the 3rd person to have a reservation there), or it may be a bad thing (they may not even get 3 consoles that day). If that fails, I'll check a few other stores in Rotterdam to see if they have any stock left for sale. Luckily I'm able to check stores when they open Friday. And I'll be making some calls thursday.

If all fails, I'll keep the pre-order I had, and hopefully won't have to wait for too long. The Switch + Zelda bundle cost me € 380,-, which is only a marginal discount, but I most likely won't find it for that price again the coming months. But I'd rather pay the regular retail price if it means getting it day 1 (I'm not paying more than suggested retail price though, I have my principles).

It's incredibly annoying, I was hoping to just be guaranteed to get a package conveniently delivered to my home on launchday, and play on day 1. Never bought any consoles at launch before, and there's only one launchday, so if I miss it, I'll be waiting for another 5 years.

Anyway, apart from the pre-orders, I've decided to make Snipperclips a day 1 digital purchase (whenever day 1 is for me). I wanted to get Shovel Knight day 1 as well, but until now I was under the impression it would get a physical release. Now I'm aware it doesn't (right away at least), I'm not sure if I'll download it day 1 or wait for any news of a physical release.

I also want I am Setsuna, but I'm probably going to wait until I finished Zelda, plus I also may wait for any confirmation on whether the Japanese physical release supports English subitles or not. If it does, I'll most likely import it.

I can 99% surely hook you up on launch day with a grey switch. I live in Zoetermeer so not too far from Rotterdam. Ordered with bol.com and gamemania and both are "confirmed" for the 3rd.

If you open a new account with Very and use code LA4AC you get £30 off the first order you make that is over £60. You don't have to sign up for that credit bollocks and can pay directly by debit/credit card or paypal.

I was going to get a pro controller and then cancel my one from Nimtendo but decided to order a Switch carry case and Mario Kart 8 Deluxe instead. I paid £35 for both. A really good deal.

So thats a Switch carry case that I will get one day one.

This doesn't seem to be working anymore. :(

Do you have to 'apply' for a Very account to get it to work? ::shrug:

Neon switch

Grey joycons

Coloured joycons/snipperclips bundle

Accessory pack, basically a case

Charge grip

Pro controller

Zelda

12 Switch

Bomberman

Hoping I don't buy shovel knight and fast day one. Probably will.

Day off, hoping it arrives on Thursday so I can spend all day on Zelda rather than the agonising wait for post.